Troubleshooting with futurephonic rythmizer

I cannot make this plugin work with Omnisphere 2 or any other vst instrument, midi out seems to work but I'm not able to change any parameters then.

Is there a step by step tutorial? Futurephonic troubleshooting guide does not work and their customer service just repeat the same process that does not work at all in cakewalk.

Or does that plugin just not work with Cakewalk?..

On 5/23/2024 at 2:59 AM, Karma Seunamgyamtso said:

I cannot make this plugin work with Omnisphere 2 or any other vst instrument, midi out seems to work but I'm not able to change any parameters then.

I don't have the plug-in, but I assume that what it is is some sort of sequencer or MIDI generator or processor that loads as an instrument and sends MIDI to another instrument? I do have experience with multiple plug-ins of that type, Loop Engine and Chordjam among them. MIDI routing can be puzzling at first, but once you figure it out they work fine.

When you say that you are not able to change any parameters, can you elaborate? What parameters? It sounds like you've gotten Rhythmizer to output MIDI and the synth to receive it.

Do you mean that you're unable to interact with the Rhythmizer UI?

It sounds like you have the setting in "edit/preferences/vst settings/recycle plugin windows" checked. Uncheck it if you want to see multiple vsti windows.

That is probably another Cakewalk setting... Edit->Preferences->Audio->Playback and Recording... be sure that "Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not In Focus" is unchecked near the very top of that tab.

11 hours ago, mettelus said:

That is probably another Cakewalk setting... Edit->Preferences->Audio->Playback and Recording... be sure that "Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not In Focus" is unchecked near the very top of that tab.

That was already unchecked.

Windows has a similar global setting that is a nuisance to check next.

In Windows itself, type "Sound Settings" in the search box, then select "Sound Control Panel" on the upper right of that page. The next popup should already be on the "Playback" page... highlight your device in that list and select "Properties"... then on the "Advanced" tab of the next pop up be sure both options under "Exclusive Mode" are unchecked. Windows is the gatekeeper of all devices on the system, so the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" will let Windows force any application not in focus to stop using it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2024 at 11:37 PM, Karma Seunamgyamtso said:

It was already done.

Argh, I seem to have missed the follow ups (good idea to use quoting, it alerts people).

I've found that with some of these, you must click on the Input Echo button for the instrument's MIDI track for them to work properly. Otherwise, Cakewalk defaults to only input echoing on the currently selected track.