Sign in to follow this  
Starise

His Majesty Unfathomed

This compo began as a piano part which I sectioned into individual parts. Then added further additional parts to it. That's how I made it in a nutshell....

you must have struggled for space in that nutshell.

It hasn't stopped you making a lovely piece of music here Tim my mate. Really emotive 

Was it a coconut shell at least?

Speaking of space, great use of it.  On my woofdales it sounds like it has depth and height.  As far as subject matter, it sounded like you may have decoded the royal cipher.

Tim
Kind of classical meets space music? I can hear a story developing right from the start, complete with dramatic pauses. Love the interplay of instruments as the melody develops.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the comments all! I thought I had been here to comment already 🐵 Sorry it took me so long to get back. I put this to a picture collage for anyone that might care to look at it.. also made some corrections to the mix.

The pic collage- I took em' two days ago a half hour from my house.

Very nice, Tim.   It's a nicely complete piece.   You certainly have a lot of orchestration happening...  sounds like it took some time to arrange! 

• Like 1

Very impressive indeed.  An interesting fusion of sounds and styles.  It sounds as if this required a lot of time and effort in putting together this piece. Nice work!

• Like 1

Wow, that pic "collage" as you call it is gorgeous, really enhances the piece! I missed most of the fall here in the PacNW, on the road on business.
The leaves are gone and the rain returned late last nite, we're in for a gray and drippy few months.
But you've brightened my day, thank you for that.

Tom

ps: what are you using for your strings?

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Been away and just got back. I really appreciate the feedback and listens. Tom. I kinda mixed it up on strings there with the cello being strainght Kontakt library, Joshua Bell violin . A little Amadeus and for light background I used  Spitfire Albion One.

I wish I could get to the PacNW to see what that's like sometime. Beautiful out there too I'm sure.

Beautiful music and pics on the video.  I liked the composition.

Well done arrangement and orchestration.  

Enjoyed this very much.  Very pretty arrangement.  Impressive use of string libraries.  Just saw your video.  Perfect music for it.  So, you're from York County PA?  I'm in Reading (Berks).  Or have we already established that?  I seem to recall discussing the relatively close distance from me with somebody here.  Was that you?

🙂John B

Edited by Johnbee58

Hey, Tim,

How are you, buddy?  It's really great to see you posting a new one!👍

This is a very cool, cinematic and dramatic sounding piece of music with lots of tasty twists and turns!😀

The composition and orchestration is absolutely top-notch, and the mix sounds clean, wide and well textured.  I could easily imagine this being part of a movie soundtrack or backing for a classy documentary.

Outstanding work, Tim, this is really great!👍

Have a good weekend!
Bob