Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
amiller

Earth Rising - song #9

Recommended Posts

A little musical journey.  Some time sig and tempo change as well as a fade-out and back in at the very end.  I hope you enjoy.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminded me of the coolness of early Genesis, Peter Gabriel. I had fun trying to guess what was coming next, and had fun giving up! Very inventive all the way through.

I listened on headphones but there was puh-lenty of bass guitar. I wonder what people on proper listening systems will think? And the drums could somehow come up a bit, but it's a busy mix with that synth pad and the wonderful guitars.

By the way, really cool guitar tones. I liked those chromatic drop-downs a lot.

The outtro has a cool honky-tonk vibe, nice touch there.

 

cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, emeraldsoul said:

Reminded me of the coolness of early Genesis, Peter Gabriel. I had fun trying to guess what was coming next, and had fun giving up! Very inventive all the way through.

Sounds OK on my cans but would agree with Tom, a little less bass and definitely drums to come up a notch. Oh and +1 to the Genesis vibe (I could hear nods to both The Knife and Trespass - intended or otherwise).

Love your stuff and this is another belter

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amiller
A busy mix but it works. The change-ups surprised me and that's a good thing. And again, great guitar work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Journey indeed.  Sounds like you put an incredible amount of planning into this.  I enjoyed the journey.

❤️John B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Reminded me of the coolness of early Genesis, Peter Gabriel. I had fun trying to guess what was coming next, and had fun giving up! Very inventive all the way through.

I listened on headphones but there was puh-lenty of bass guitar. I wonder what people on proper listening systems will think? And the drums could somehow come up a bit, but it's a busy mix with that synth pad and the wonderful guitars.

By the way, really cool guitar tones. I liked those chromatic drop-downs a lot.

The outtro has a cool honky-tonk vibe, nice touch there.

 

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  I appreciate the kind words and the critique.  Yes, the bass is a tad hot and needs to come down a bit.  I'm going to lower the bass a bit and then see how the drums and other instruments sit in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow - those guitars sound immense.  Basslines are also nicely played and inventive.

Another +1 for the drums coming up in the mix.

Excellent, creative work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the listen on this one - the guitars sounded great - impressive playing. Made me think a bit of Steve Vai.

I liked that ending - creative.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 4:23 PM, RikF said:

Well done ! That’s an entertaining piece. Nice tones and playing.

Rik

Thanks Rik...’glad you liked it.  And thanks for listening and commenting.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, Andrew Ball said:

Sounds OK on my cans but would agree with Tom, a little less bass and definitely drums to come up a notch. Oh and +1 to the Genesis vibe (I could hear nods to both The Knife and Trespass - intended or otherwise).

Love your stuff and this is another belter

Andy

Hey Andy, thanks for listening and critiquing...'very much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 6:53 PM, bjornpdx said:

amiller
A busy mix but it works. The change-ups surprised me and that's a good thing. And again, great guitar work.

I've always been a fan of change-ups and surprises.  Thanks for listening and the kind words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That should be a guitar and not a gun you're holding.....well ok I understand you might need to go after the bass player😁 Second thought, maybe you need both.

Quite a nice "jam" you have going on there . Nice silky guitar prowess is abundant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 8:29 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Journey indeed.  Sounds like you put an incredible amount of planning into this.  I enjoyed the journey.

❤️John B

Thanks John for the kind words.  I enjoyed the journey of putting this together.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also heard a lovely Genesis vibe, enjoyed it a lot. :) Fantastic airy guitar sound. Good work! Perhaps the bass player has a bit early timing for my taste, from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 10:15 AM, daryl1968 said:

wow - those guitars sound immense.  Basslines are also nicely played and inventive.

Another +1 for the drums coming up in the mix.

Excellent, creative work.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  Thank you for the kind words and critique.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

I really enjoyed the listen on this one - the guitars sounded great - impressive playing. Made me think a bit of Steve Vai.

I liked that ending - creative.

Hey Douglas I really appreciate the positive feedback.  I had the Beatles and Zep in mind when I put the ending together.😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 6:15 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

Loved the section at 3:48 to 4:30 ...good stuff

 

Kenny

Hey Kenny,  thanks for listening and commenting.  I appreciate the kind words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...