Bhav

How do I edit individual drum / step sequencer loops?

Question

How can I edit one loop without changing all the others?

UrSYE8F.png

Edited by Bhavesh Patel

8 answers to this question

I've tried ungrouping the clips but when I try to open the step sequencer on the one I want to edit, instead it edits another one in the middle.

Copies of a step sequencer clip are linked by default. They must be unlinked to edit them separately. The unlink option is also on the clip context menu.

Just now, scook said:

Copies of a step sequencer clip are linked by default. They must be unlinked to edit them separately. The unlink option is also on the clip context menu.

I managed to do that but its not letting me edit the one I want to, another random one is getting edited instead.

Linked sequencer clips have a number in brackets in the header, Notice the [12]: in headers of the clips in the image above

BqmFjBb.png

I removed the last clip from the group already, and then tried setting it to its own group, but when I right click > view step sequencer on the seperated clip, instead it still edits one of the other clips"

Creating a clip group is not necessary. Linked clips are not the same as clip groups.

Does the same thing happen when double-clicking the clip?

Just now, scook said:

Creating a clip group is not necessary. Linked clips are not the same as clip groups.

Does the same thing happen when double-clicking the clip?

OH double clicking it worked thanks.