AI Vocals: The Music Revolution Begins

It seems A I vocals appear to be gaining  a foothold in music production much sooner than many people had anticipated .

This video appears to be demo for a Musical  tool called AceStudio . This video is the first I have heard of AceStudio ...

This appears to have a deep learning curve . Near the end of the video the guy singing could have sang at Carnegie Hall if this App works in real time.

I wonder how good it can make an expressive melodic guitar part sound !

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

Seems to be somewhat better than the others I have seen/heard, you know much Kenny ?, (it might be Kenny Rogers after you get into this?) can't seem to find anything without signing away my life. Also would like to be sure that it doesn't require uploading to a website or whatever like another one did, in other words its self contained and therefore able to be used offline?

If it's self contained and has voices suitable for Rock I'd snap it up.

• Like 1

In the future, all vocals in all songs will be AI vocalists, with a preponderance being "Celine Dion"

But you will be able to download the song, and AI strip the "Dion" vocal out, so you can add your crap amateur vocal back in.

And this is how William Hung has the last laugh.

Edited by PhonoBrainer
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, PhonoBrainer said:

you will be able to download the song, and AI strip the "Dion" vocal out, so you can add your crap amateur vocal back in.

And they shall call it karaoke......

Drunk people who, for reasons unknown to personkind, think they can actually sing will gather in holiday resort bars competing to see who can best murder a famous song and they shall be egged on by even worse singers who are thankfully too drunk to even make the few steps required to reach the microphone, but will still feel compelled to join in the choruses from their seats next to damp and sticky tables. By the following morning all their memories will either have been completely wiped or at least AI altered to make the memory seem like it was a fantastic one of a great night that was enjoyed by all and thus either way round will seek to make the same mistake again.

Unfortunately, this handy mind-wipe phenomenon shall not be applied to the memories of those that experienced it only from their holiday apartment that proved to be not quite far enough away from the bar to not experience it. Those people will automatically reel in horror at hearing the first bars of "I will always love you" for many years to come and they will never be able to listen to Oasis ever again.

So at least there is an upside.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/28/2024 at 5:31 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

This video appears to be demo for a Musical  tool called AceStudio .

Finally got around to watching this video. About half way through I had enough of the guy in the red shirt.  But I suffered on.

Interesting program there.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grem said:

About half way through I had enough of the guy in the red shirt.

Congrats on making it that far. 

Clearly one of those self declared "fun" people who fail to comprehend that whether you are fun or not isn't your decision to make.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

fail to comprehend that whether you are fun or not isn't your decision to make.

Well said!!

After three hours of messing with this new program, I am almost to the point of just canceling out right now. But I am going to hang in there to see if it's just another long and steep learning curve.

At the moment, no matter how bad I think I sing, it still sounds better than what they do. 

Am I the only one to spend some time with this new "tool"!!? If I am not the only one, I am thinking the others are about as excited about it as I am!! LOL!! 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

After three hours of messing with this new program, I am almost to the point of just canceling out right now

How many rude words have you made it say ?

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, paulo said:

How many rude words have you made it say ?

No, I was aggravated with it. But now that you have planted the idea...
:)

Just not the results we saw in that video!!

At least not without much more  work!

On 3/28/2024 at 6:17 AM, Heath Row said:

Also would like to be sure that it doesn't require uploading to a website or whatever like another one did, in other words its self contained and therefore able to be used offline?

Also it is web based. It doesn't really work as smoothly as I would have thought it would. Every time you make an adjustment it has to re-analyze and create an output. Sometimes that takes seconds, sometimes longer. The vocalist sound like a foreigner singing my words. I am sure there is some way to correct that.

On 3/28/2024 at 6:17 AM, Heath Row said:

signing away my life.

Yeah. seems like it.

But I am just starting with it. I have another 13 days to go on the trial period. But as it stands, I don't think it will take all 13 days for me to decide.

Edited by Grem

Hi Grem !

You stepped up to the plate . That makes you the only person in this thread that has any sort of hands on experience with this app.

Glad to hear your honest feedback 😀

Having said that ... Lets have a Show of hands !!!!! Who want's to choke the guy in the red shirt ? 🤣

Kenny

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

makes you the only person in this thread that has any sort of hands on experience with this app.

I spent a few more hours with it after I posted earlier. I could not get it to say the word "just". It kept wanting to say a word that sounded like someone mumbling. Now there is a option that allows you to actually input the sound (phonetic) you want the singer to make. Such as "cha", "Ti", "Wa" but if you don't use the correct phonetic spelling, it won't allow the change. I don't know all these spellings so to have them sing what I want turned into a chore.

I forgot to mention, this was just the first verse and the chorus.  I wasn't working on the whole song. It's a slow pop rock ballad of mine. Maybe not the best use of the program? IDK. I am going to try a couple more songs.

And I wouldn't suggest working on a whole song at once. Every time you make a change it has to reanalyze that whole vocal track. If you are working on individual words, the delay to analyze  isn't that bad (sometimes). If you change the actual voice/singer, it has to analyze the whole track with every change of that aspect. And some singers want to use vibrato a lot, and if you like their tone, but don't want all that vibrato, it's a pita to negate that affect.

All that said, this program has many options. In fact it has more options than what I would have expected. You have a lot of control over say vibrato, formants, energy, tension. And they work well. But in my usage I was making changes, wait for update vocal, then listen again, repeat over and over with one vocalist. Only to learn that is how that singers style is. So I couldn't eliminate it. So I had to pick another singer and hope I could work with it. I am sure once you get more familiar with the singers, you will know which ones to pick for certain jobs.

But again. this program has an extremely good amount of control over the voice. If this program could be used to correct my voice? Hummm.... maybe. I will have to look into that. Will let ya'll know what I find out.

Again, as it stands now, I would rather put the work in to practice my vocal and get it right ( or as right as I can!) instead of working with this. But I am going to try some other songs and see if it works better.

Edited by Grem

14 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Who want's to choke the guy in the red shirt ?

I was reading a book earlier that introduced me to what is from now on my new name for guys like that.... 

Punchmagnet.😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Who want's to choke the guy in the red shirt ?

5 hours ago, paulo said:

I was reading a book earlier that introduced me to what is from now on my new name for guys like that.... 

Punchmagnet.😀

Not a bad name for him 🤣

If  you happen to win an all expense paid trip on a luxury cruse please keep an eye out for the fine print .

His new GIG is as a musical director / main musical performer .

If he happens to be working your boat you may have to suffer through all his Celine Dion Titanic Tribute shows ...

Save your knuckles and just throw him overboard !

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1