Repeating a MIDI drum loop several times

Sven

In the old days (Sonar 8.5) I could take a Boss drum machine output rhythm set to the same tempo as SONAR, record a measure in SONAR, and then easily copy/paste that measure many times.   I would right click on the single MIDI measure, change the # of beats in the Property menu to 8 or whatever, turn on Groove Clip Looping,  copy the measure, make snap properties 'musical time' set to Whole Notes, and then paste it at the end of the measure 99 times or whatever.  This basic technique came from an old SONAR forum post.

Can anyone please tell me how to accomplish the same thing in Bandlab?  

Thanks.

• Like 2

And the latest update gives yet another option: the duplicate command. Here are some of the things it can do.

• Select the clip, and type CTRL+D.
  • If you want to keep adding repeats, just keep typing CTRL+D.
  • You can select multiple clips and duplicate them.
  • Select all, drag across the timeline, and type CTRL+D to duplicate a complete musical section (chorus, verse, whatever).

It's a pretty cool new addition.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quote Scook. Regarding repeated drum bars I think that using paste special is much better than using  Groove Looping.  In fact with groove looping you'll find difficult and intricate to insert fills somewhere or make some tweaking. These issues don't occur at all with clips made by "paste special".

• Great Idea 1