Full Tonocracy is now FREE

Marc Cormier

Hello Tonocracy friends,

Exciting news! Atomic is unlocking the Full Version of Tonocracy for ALL users!

This includes ALL of our SchemAcccurate amp models including these new additions:

EVan53 Red based on the EVH 5150III Red Channel

EVan53 Blue based on the EVH 5150III Blue Channel

This is effective immediately and is part of the latest release of Tonocracy (v2.0.0). 

https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=0016Q4Huqhu3o-SyRy6wPxdY6V8uWavEGDPIU4EI-L8lQOVC68gZmN2vDcPWBSZ2aavtHuAY3QbhW5RthbgjeFJgPLm1B64ZK-pWQxpGUy3apRnRNh-AdYH6vc3iyvzK0QNPlCgySdNxqz1A3Mkpt3px3Q9pr6ErhggMSOpgWZIbk9CMGuOSQQiWiGIYtVrwmobZ5Y3h6_aiMn9_d-6Vp30BA==&c=emetWswesdoEITIualG-6tcTAIqVBCqFoVwb3pKBLuUVEZ3ejaN_8A==&ch=LjyteOkMcybSRDHCq81NoT6D_pO5-D2W_lRupWH6PILCaUc9fPXMqQ==

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Well, the review states that their ToneSnap modeling features uses cloud servers to do the processing. How long can these servers be available now that the software us free?

I haven't used it, but I interpret that as the capture tech is done in the cloud instead of locally.  Something like TONEX capturing is a barrier due to the computing specs it needs to do advanced captures, but the playback after capture is rather low.  

Letting cloud servers do the number crunching in the short term sounds like a plus.

17 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't used it, but I interpret that as the capture tech is done in the cloud instead of locally.  Something like TONEX capturing is a barrier due to the computing specs it needs to do advanced captures, but the playback after capture is rather low.  

Letting cloud servers do the number crunching in the short term sounds like a plus.

Totally agree with you Brian. I just can't understand how offering this service for free makes financial sense for them.

• Like 2

• Go to register for an account
  • Enter information
  • Click the Register button
  • The fields go blank... no confirmation that an account was created (or an Email verification link was sent)

Been several minutes... no Email verification link.

👎

Edit: 

Turns out you can't have a space in your User Name.

Edit2:

Installed the plugin, it asks to login to my account.

I enter my login credentials... and it says they're incorrect.  

So... I click on the Forgot My Password button... to sent a link to change the password.

Haven't received an Email.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
more detail
  • Sad 1

I've used it for a couple of hours and it's interesting as an option.  I have a load of DynIRs that I used with WoS a few years ago so having those options makes all the difference; the stock cab options are limited.  The modeling is OK - nothing that would replace my NDSP or Mercuriall plugins but I haven't tested all the amp heads.  I like the workflow - a lot - and the assortment of plugins do the job.

I complain about Amproom CPU on a daily basis, but this one takes the cake.  If I were to use it in a session, I'd be constantly printing audio so I could disable the plugin and free up CPU.  Apparently, they're working on resolving that.

All in all, it's not going to replace my daily plugins but it's the first time I've messed with NAM profiles which you can load directly in the plugin.  Haven't spent a ton of time with that part of the rig but if they sounded anywhere near TONEX models, I'd use Genome in a heartbeat.  TONEX is just too much of a rabbit hole for me, and the UX isn't my cuppa.

Edited by Marc Cormier

1 hour ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Atomic is ultimately going to release a hardware version.

That is what I thought too and a smart move to bring people in as the hardware market is a lot larger for guitar players.  

And other companies beat them to market, have to do something to entice users 

• Like 2