Dare Rihter

Strange audio engine behaviour in latest version

Posted (edited)

Hi All,

After upgrade to latest version as of BandLab assistant, audio engine began to behave strange. Sometimes stops unexpectedly and the only solution is to exit program and start again. Annoying. Some projects remains "muted" after first succesful start is succesful after cakewalk restart. Instead of starting audio, two "pops" are noticeable and then silence, restart again etc.

Some project with many audio tracks when played plays all muted track also, until one track (no matter which one) is marked for audio feedback. Marked, and even after unmarking works well again, CW respects muted tracks. 

Some other project with kontakt player involved, changes volume of some track at random base, nothing touched, at next playback all is f****-up, i can't see pattern...

OK. It's free and they can afford hiccups like this? Obviously team started massive changes and destabilizing product again now digging into audio engine. Only my problem? I don't believe. Ryzen 2600X, 16G RAM, Win10 Pro, Focusrite Saffire 24 Pro, all worked like charm till last upgrade (with bunch of changes, unfortunatelly obviously fatal for till now almost stable audio engine). I do not care for cosmetics, but destroying heart of DAW, that's not good, my dear BandLab Team...   

No, it's not stable, nor reliable, good commercials aren't enough for good software. Considering changing DAW.

BR, Dare

P.S. This super trouper new Panic button doesn't help either

P.P.S. Celemony stopped working after upgrade with crash, disabled for now, restarted many times etc....

Edited by Dare Rihter
Addition 1

@Dare Rihter,

I can understand your disappointment after reading all the issues you're experiencing.  Sorry you're having so much trouble with the new update.

However, Feedback Loop is the wrong section of the forum to post if you want help to get the program working as advertised.  This (Feedback Loop) section is for users to suggest and discuss future features and enhancements

May I suggest you repost in the Cakewalk by BandLab forum section.  I'm posting a link to that section below.  Also, while you provided your computer specifications you forgot to mention the operating system your computer uses.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/2-cakewalk-by-bandlab/

Edited by Jim Fogle

Hi,

thanks for repositioning :) If You read carefully , i mentioned OS, Win10 Pro.

BR, Dare

P.S. Just installed latest update, hope it's better like previous one

Edited by Dare Rihter
Addition