MIDI filter, zone/layer functionality

Philipp Goedecke

Question

3 answers to this question

Depends on the plug-in format. MIDI FX racks support MFX plug-ins only which are DX format. A few are included with CbB. There are a couple of sources for free and commercial MFX plug-ins too. All VST2/3 FX plug-ins must go into audio FX racks or the ProChannel. To communicate with VST plug-ins that support MIDI I/O, CbB requires dedicated instrument or MIDI tracks. Here is how the routing works for VST plug-ins.

While the name is a little misleading, a drum map may be used to split an incoming MIDI stream and route the data to different targets. 

The included MIDI Event Filter MFX plug-in may be set up to filter notes, CC and other MIDI data.

In short, this

I would like to set a note range for layered/splitted instruments and filter modwheel or other CC for some instruments.

is possible using the tools included with CbB.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, scook said:

Depends on the plug-in format. MIDI FX racks support MFX plug-ins only which are DX format. A few are included with CbB. There are a couple of sources for free and commercial MFX plug-ins too. All VST2/3 FX plug-ins must go into audio FX racks or the ProChannel. To communicate with VST plug-ins that support MIDI I/O, CbB requires dedicated instrument or MIDI tracks. Here is how the routing works for VST plug-ins.

While the name is a little misleading, a drum map may be used to split an incoming MIDI stream and route the data to different targets. 

The included MIDI Event Filter MFX plug-in may be set up to filter notes, CC and other MIDI data.

In short, this

is possible using the tools included with CbB.

Thank you, that´s exactly what I´ve been looking for.