Parallel Compression for Beginners!

Creative Sauce

@Creative Sauce

Good video but I'm a little disappointed.

Since Cakewalk by BandLab includes a large assortment of effects, I'd prefer if your Cakewalk videos only used effects included with the DAW.  I believe it is better to learn to use the tools on-hand versus ignoring them.

While I appreciate the time and effort you spend discovering new effects and exposing us to them, that is not the stated purpose of the video and is off subject.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, Jim Fogle said:

@Creative Sauce

Good video but I'm a little disappointed.

Since Cakewalk by BandLab includes a large assortment of effects, I'd prefer if your Cakewalk videos only used effects included with the DAW.  I believe it is better to learn to use the tools on-hand versus ignoring them.

While I appreciate the time and effort you spend discovering new effects and exposing us to them, that is not the stated purpose of the video and is off subject.

Hey - I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed! I think this partly comes from a slight misunderstanding - and that's my fault for not being clear. Whilst approximately 40-50% of my content is Cakewalk specific now, for the rest I like to serve the wider home recording community, regardless of which DAW they use. So whilst this video uses Cakewalk as the DAW to demonstrate - it isn't intended to be a 'Cakewalk' tutorial as such.

This is why I demonstrated using the 'SAFE' plugins - as they are free to download and use, and therefore its helps in creating a level playing field for other DAW users who watch. The 'I HEART NY' plugin was meant to be a kind of side note or bonus tip.

For a Cakewalk specific cases, I would recommend using either the Sonitus compressor, or one of the awesome compressors that come in the Pro-Channel. Certainly that may be a video I can make in the future!

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, or was misleading. I'm always in need of constructive criticism, so I thank you for pointing this out to me.

Many thanks,

Mike

• Like 2