Cakewalk locking up safe mode + idea

Max Arwood

Today smart limit has been locking up a song. I could do a safe load, but what about a safe load plus. A pop up ask me which plugins to exclude. I type in smartlimit. The song loads without smartlimit and I don’t have to answer 70 times Do you want to load this plug-in.?

Please consider this. It would save time and irritation!

It could load with shift+ to activate. 
Is could have a pop up with several fuels for data entry

Thanks for considering this. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

Great Idea!  One such plugin is the old BREVERB.. Crashes every project it's in when opened.  Trouble is I don't remember every project it's in, so it's quit annoying going thru the process for each one.  Also remembering to save the project after removing or replacing it don't always happen.

Even better is a note that pops up saying: "Smartlimit is being bad today and wants to crash Sonar.  Click 'Exclude' to open project, or click 'Continue Anyway' to crash  & burn."

Another DAW does this and stops the bugger in it's tracks.

• Like 1

I've found that I can usually load a problem project by opening a different project first then load the problem project. Not sure what is happening. Maybe it's moving the problem in memory.

But this will usually the load the project and the cause of the crash is one of the last VSTs I loaded so I can delete that and re-save. Loading more than one instance of EZDrummer 3 is often the issue too. That will usually cause problems at some point.

Well, neither plan works with BREVERB2 issue so I go on with the previous ritual.

I have 3 versions of BREVERB2 but only 2 appear in Registry.

I can't tell which versions are referenced in the older projects or why Sonar/CbB crashes, but replacing it with the latest BREVERB2 and saving the project eliminates the issue for future openings.  I just lose the preset data so have to guess that one.

Oddly, when I disable all versions, the project opens with a plugin placeholder that lists a ProChannel preset. O.o

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2023 at 12:37 AM, sjoens said:

Oddly, when I disable all versions, the project opens with a plugin placeholder that lists a ProChannel preset. O.o

BREVERB is a ProChannel module, so I don't consider this odd.

It would be so nice if the upcoming payware Sonar could get some new PC modules. There are smanufacturers out there (like Boz Digital) who likely still have the ProChannel module SDK.