pc2a Is not in my cakewalk

stevenebowen

Question

17 answers to this question

@stevenebowen  You seem to be missing half of the PC modules. Long shot, you should not be using Basic Workspace. Change it to advanced.  

Owners of Splat will have the CA 2A module but only the PC2A comes with CbB. I asked a long time ago and was told it is identical to the CA 2A but doesn’t support side chaining. I have the CA2A on a zillion projects. I have tested the PC2A and never found anything different. 

what module is the PC2A? i think i have all the PC modules and do not see any PC2, only PC4 modules. did you mean the CA-2A compressor? note that not all PC modules came with SONAR and had to be purchased separately. however, there are plenty of free and paid versions of an LA-2 compressor including UAD, Waves, Slate, and free products.

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Yes very odd. I think it was @msmcleodthat told me they are identical other than the side chain 

check the size of the old one i had remm'd out and the newer one and the PC2A are about 10K different...

image.png.6eecd79113c30322f83239d5bfc3a1ea.png

whereas the CA-2A is significantly larger -- ~1.2mb ... but maybe because it's a VST w/ registry entries for use as a PC module as well as a VST plugin...

image.png.9dc087714392f8212deae736257d78a4.png

Edited by Glenn Stanton

My bandlab assistant app wouldn't open and I guess I was running an old version of cakewalk. I logged on to the website and downloaded cakewalk and it appears I have the pca2 now.  IF im missing any modules I wouldn't know. 

I didn't uninstall cakewalk or nothing I just downloaded the new one. 

I did follow the link and find the dll file from glenns post.  So if you try it and it doesnt work follow that link and get the dll. 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 2