Steinberg Spectea Layers confusion

kitekrazy

If you have Cubase it is called Spectra Layers One.   I guess there are two upgrade options.  LE and Pro. 

The interesting part is Magix has Soundforge Suite upgrade for $149 so you get Soundforge and Spectra Layers Pro for less. 

https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/sound-forge/sound-forge-pro/

I'm more curious than interested since I'm pretty stupid with that kind of software.  

Correct. The "One" version is the free version and has limited capabilities and no layer separation at all. The MAGIX Suite offers can certainly be the cheaper upgrade to SpectraLayers Pro (especially if you do not own any of the other goodies in that Suite). YMMV, but if you are not upgrading from the very last version (SL Pro 9), the other offers from MAGIX are worth looking at, especially if you are an outright "first-time buyer"... it will probably be the cheapest path.

18 hours ago, mettelus said:

Correct. The "One" version is the free version and has limited capabilities and no layer separation at all. The MAGIX Suite offers can certainly be the cheaper upgrade to SpectraLayers Pro (especially if you do not own any of the other goodies in that Suite). YMMV, but if you are not upgrading from the very last version (SL Pro 9), the other offers from MAGIX are worth looking at, especially if you are an outright "first-time buyer"... it will probably be the cheapest path.

Samplitude Pro Suite upgrade is even better.

https://www.magix.com/us/music-editing/samplitude/suite/?afsrc=1&CJEVENT=a5aaafdddad811ea812c01870a1c0e13

When it goes on sale, yes. I last upgraded Samplitude Pro Suite on v5 because it was the same price as the SL Pro upgrade at that time and had all of the extra goodies. Unfortunately, in my case, the only thing that has changed between v5 and v8 is the version of Samplitude (although the GUI got a massive overhaul), newer version of SF Pro (and never the current one) and SL Pro... IIRC all of the other content is identical, and I do not use Samplitude. Again, this is different for each person on a case-by-case basis, but the Samplitude Pro Suite (when on sale) is often the cheapest alternative to onboarding into SpectraLayers Pro (current version).

I’ve never paid more than $149 for X4->X8 suite upgrades. Hate Magix convoluted pricing scheme. Just have to be patient.

Safe Harbor was great and even credited me $10 when I saw I could have saved it. That was for X7 and got X8 for free because of timing. 

Last Vegas Pro i upgrade (V20) I just purchased Edit because I didn’t need the suite fluff. Same program without extras. Not sure it works the same with Samplitude but I wanted the SpectraLayers upgrade anyway.