AndyB01

Worth Continuing with or Bin?

This is just a snippet of something vaguely Prog I've been playing with - it's a mix of original riffs and EzKeys (mercifully only one minute long).

https://soundcloud.com/andyb01/sunrise2019

The simple question is, should I carry on investing in this or did I waste too much time already? 😂

All opinions welcome and valid.

Andy

I think there's something there to move forward with . But I also think you're the only one who can really answer that question. Does what you hear inspire you to want to discover what the next few measures brings? If so the answer is probably yes.

Cheers all for the encouragement and your observations are spot on @Kevin Walsh - I do feel inspired as it's quite a departure for me so I shall keep working on it. Once I have completed the full  23 minutes (including a Catastrophe in 9/8) 😉 I'll post it here.

I might be while...

Andy

Andy

I'd continue, definitely sounds like there could be something good in there!! And why stop at ONLY 23 minutes -   why not a triple  rock opera themed album....now that's proper prog rock heaven!!

Nigel

21 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

and why stop at ONLY 23 minutes -   why not a triple  rock opera themed album....now that's proper prog rock heaven!!

Nigel

Well it's a thought Nigel, but I figured if 23 minutes was good enough for Peter Gabriel then it should be good enough for me. 😉 #SuppersReady 

I'll flag it as a 'work in progress' then...

On 9/23/2019 at 12:20 AM, Andrew Ball said:

I do feel inspired as it's quite a departure for me so I shall keep working on it.

Inspiration is what it's all about. Definitely has potential. It's always good to stretch a little in any case. And even if it doesn't go anywhere immediately...

You might use it if you feel better
     When you get home

I often find myself combining two or more unfinished bits  months or even years later to make a whole.

OK so I have added a few more minutes to this - a mix of original riffs and some EzKeys loops to say it's a ramble into the unknown (and previously unexplored) for me would be putting it mildly and it's a change from my usual stuff that's for sure. It may not be the finest production or instrumentation you've ever heard but I sure had a lot of fun getting it this far - have another listen if you dare and see what you think.  Just some guitar required over that final section when I get the time to put it down.

Andy