What happened to that Guitar Center Kilohearts Phase Plant $49/Toolbox $99 thread?

Kirean

Honest question.

Anyhow.

My saga continues as I got in contact with GC support today since I hadn't heard a thing back.

The rep deviced a plan.

Soon we'll find out if they went rogue and a) they screwed me out of a hundred bucks, or b) all is fine in the world.

They must have just a very few licenses available, then just return the extra orders.  And they do this regularly. I had this happen a while ago with a Musician's Friend order. Afterwards, I quit using them for anything period, which is sort of sad to me. Back in the day (80s-90s), they were THE source for anything music related for me.  I used to dog-ear the pages of their mail catalog when I was looking for stuff...

• Like 1

Order also cancelled + refund. Went to JRR shop, got it for $85 with GROUP code. So still decent deal. 

And that granular engine is absolutely bonkers. Endless modulation possibilities, and it's set up sooooo much easier than Absynth or Omnisphere. Can do grain / position / randomization modulations in seconds, unlike Absynth which requires a PhD in engineering to get certain envelope modulations to work properly.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 4

On 11/21/2023 at 1:43 AM, jngnz said:

Been following similar threads in a couple of forums and I am still the only person I know of whose order went through. 🙈

I can officially join you in the holy brotherhood of fourty-oh-nines. Guitar Center pulled through, after some hoops, for me as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, locrian said:

I just spoke to someone at GC re: my Phase Plant order and he told me that they cannot fulfill anymore orders b/c they no longer offer that product.

Kinda sounds like BS to me, but let's see...

I call bullshit because it's still being sold on the site.