Focusrite Midnight Plug in suite

John Vere

It was one of many compressors I have and I like it. I have the Scarlett suite installed because I had saved the installers and the serial numbers. But now I'm not sure where the heck I got the Midnight suite from? There's nothing  about it on the Focusrite web site. Google search only finds old reviews etc. There was one article with the title Focusrite Red and Midnight suite are now free and a link. The link takes you back to Focusrite and the red suite is the only thing listed. 

Anyone have a clue ? I spent an hour on this and got nowhere.  

If you have some approximate dates, maybe you could try (if you haven't already) the WayBackMachine [Internet Archives] for older captures of the Focusrite site that mention discontinuing or merging the Midnight Suite.

Edited by User 905133

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:
  • Maybe your email archives have an invoice that show where you got the Midnight Plugins?

Good one, thanks, of course they would have sent some sort of link. I'll go start digging. I think it was only last year when I was making a video about using free compressors and I stumbled on the Focusrite deal somewhere.

Quote:

"It is our mission in life to gather to us all that is free for the taking"  

some unknown plug in hoarder

• Like 1

Well only thing I found was this which was when I was researching for the video. Looks like last January 6 2023. 

19:41:54) *** john vere joined the chat ***
(19:41:55) john vere: I cannot find info about purchasing a Red 3 compressor
(19:42:47) Craig W: hello there
(19:43:15) john vere: yes what has happened to the RED Compressors?
(19:43:40) Craig W: let me connect you with one of our awesome customer support team to help you with that
(19:43:50) john vere: thanks
(19:46:32) John Harper: hey John
(19:46:57) John Harper: have you registered a Focusrite device at customer.focusrite.com?
(19:48:21) John Harper: I see you have an account with a 6i6, so you can access Red Plug-in Suite here: https://customer.focusritegroup.com/en/my-software
(19:48:30) john vere: Yes and it seems it's no long available when you purchase an interface? I have them all but am producing a you tube reviewing a bunch of free compressors
(19:48:54) John Harper: it's available for you here - https://customer.focusritegroup.com/en/software/red-plug-suite
(19:49:01) john vere: I want to say it's included free but seems that has changed?
(19:49:15) John Harper: it's free with registration of a Focusrite device
(19:49:49) john vere: OK so you say it's still included when you purchase a Focusrite product to all?
(19:50:01) John Harper: yes that's correct   

So obviously at that point I didn't have the Midnight Compressor.  

Outlook seems pretty thorough at listing any e mails with the word Focusrite in it. I even tried Midnight and found some band emails about learning In the Midnight Hour. So looks like it's still a mystery where I got it from.  

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

It was one of many compressors I have and I like it. I have the Scarlett suite installed because I had saved the installers and the serial numbers. But now I'm not sure where the heck I got the Midnight suite from? There's nothing  about it on the Focusrite web site. Google search only finds old reviews etc. There was one article with the title Focusrite Red and Midnight suite are now free and a link. The link takes you back to Focusrite and the red suite is the only thing listed. 

Anyone have a clue ? I spent an hour on this and got nowhere.  

There is an article about them here, but the link to download them does not work anymore. Maybe that is where you read about them a while back.

EDIT: And also discussed on this obscured, not well known site 🙂

But yeah, it seems they have taken them down unfortunatly.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 2

I guess they replaced them with the Scarlett suite but side by side they are very different and the bummer is out of 50 free compressors I really liked that one a lot. It’s obvious because it’s on a lot of my vocal tracks from over the summer. 
And I guess I must have stumbled on one of the articles with the link back last winter. I just can’t believe I’d loose the installers. 

But I just got help with that this morning in a PM so I’ll see what happens next. 

I only recently "discovered" that I had the Midnight plug-ins when someone I was talking to here behind the scenes suggested taking the time to compare the compressors already on your DAW in order to better understand their differences, which led me to them.  I obviously must have installed them and added them to VST menus, but I have no recollection of ever doing that. All I can tell you is that I installed them in July 2015 along with Novation V-station and Bass Station and they originated from a file called Focusrite DVD, which now only has the unwanted Mac files in it. I can't fins specific installers. They were authorised using FNLF files, which I guess is some kind of offline challenge/response type thing that I also have no recollection of.  I guess they must have come bundled with something, but I can't think what as I don't have any Focusrite/Novation gear. It appears that I do have a Focusrite account for some reason that also escapes me, but that wasn't opened until 2019, so nothing to do with this. I'm thinking maybe older accounts had to be updated for some reason, so it only appears to have been opened then. 

Anyway, not terribly helpful overall I admit, but maybe a few pointers in there that will shake something loose in the old noggin.

Dang I think you are correct. I’ll go look. But thank for info about it might be W11 and not a corrupted install. But somehow that doesn’t make sense? Possibly the installer itself is what becomes outdated and not the actual plug in. 
The other one giving me grief is Lounge Lizard. But I’ll start a different thread about that one.