WA Production Loop Engine 2 (Intro sale)

Brian Lawler

I snagged Loop Engine during its not-that-long-ago intro sale and I do like it. As idea jump-starters go, it's my favorite of the ones I've tried.

The Note Editor "piano roll" thing by itself seems to be worth the upgrade tenner, so I'll snag this.

That they're keeping Chords, Chords Pro, Chords Pro+Notes and Loop Engine 1.1 all as active products is asinine. It's not a deep enough product to support 5 different feature levels and this just adds to the confusion I ran into when I was trying to figure out which one to get. Their ad copy isn't explicit enough in stating that each product contains all of the features of the next one down.

Fortunately none of that affects my enjoyment of the product I bought. Still, though....considering that they're under the same corporate roof as FL Studio and MeldaProduction, one might think they'd get their upgrade policy act together.

• Like 1

I installed the demo and took it for a "spin".  Not for me.  There is a lot of capability in generating interesting arps from the many chord sequences, and the passing tone thing can be interesting.  I just can't live with the circular UI.  My brain doesn't like a piano roll going in circles.  I would like to see an option with a traditional left-to-right piano roll for old fuddy-duddies.  Thankfully the note editor presents in traditional horizontal format,  but it is very poorly rendered.  Also agree that WA should consolidate the MIDI offerings.  I love MIDI gadgets, and there is impressive coding behind the WA tools I have tried, but it is the UI in their stuff that is just not worth muddling through (IMO).  Maybe if Image-line acquires Audiomodern...