Sound Forge 13

Jeremy Oakes

Shesh. Like with SpectraLayers Pro. When the dev moved to Steinberg, and Steinberg permitted soft (PC) authorization for it, AND they let me upgrade from v4 on Magix to v6 on Steinberg for $100, $50 less than Magix' upgrade to dead-end v5, I moved too.

I've now uninstalled every single thing that came with the Samplitude bundle they offered to SPlat users. What a waste of $150 that turned out to be. But don't feel so bad now, given SpectraLayers Pro v6. I'm just looking at it like I paid $250 for a v6 license.

I've spent way more on divorce attorneys.

Edited by John Maar

6 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

I've spent way more on divorce attorneys.

Ha ha, brilliant - and a great way to look at the true costs of even the most expensive software -!!!

Nigel

Me too, but it still hurts when you see their upgrade price.

At least i didn’t have to upgrade  the lawyers fees, they were fixed.

Jerry

2 hours ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

As usual from Magix the upgrade path is horrendously expensive. 149€ from SFpro 12 .....

https://www.magix.com/gb/music/sound-forge/sound-forge-pro/

Jerry

If you’re prepared to wait,  sure they’ll have it in humble bundle for $20 in a year or so. That’s what I did with SF12, was on sale last month and for years they were asking same price to upgrade from SF11

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see how SpectraLayers 6 works with SoundForge13 now that SF13 has ARA2 support. Especially compared to Cubase10 where ARA2 support is limited with SL6.  Right now, the upgrade price is too steep for me to satisfy that curiosity. But I am happy to provide moral support to anyone willing to explore this!