Add specific events to a cut track?

quattj

I am shortening existing MIDI files using the split option, and deleting the end parts that I do not need.  However, in the process I am losing a few "end of track" events, like "Reset All Controllers", "Stop All Sound", etc.  Is there somewhere in Cakewalk that I can automatically add things like this back to the ends of the cut tracks, or would I need to use some kind of scripting to do that?

I don't know about automatic adds for those events you mentioned, but rather than scripting, I would simply suggest copying the section with the events (or each one individually), and pasting them back after you trim the MIDI as you describe. -I do also use a temp blank MIDI track sometimes, to store blocks of these kind of events for copying & pasting as I go along. - Your mileage may vary!

If you've got "Non-destructive MIDI Editing" checked (which is the default), when a MIDI clip is split, a copy of the entire clip is made.

All you need to do is drag the end of the clips out (i.e. a reverse trim) to reveal the copy of those events.

If however, you're going to use cut or delete, the best thing to do is:

1. Select the event range as normal
2. Go to "Select by Filter", then uncheck the CC events you want to keep
3. Do your cut or delete

If you've already done the cut, just copy one of the split clips you've left untouched to another track and drag the ends of the clip out - your original events should all be there.