Control bar is sometimes gone upon opening a CWP

gmp

This bug has been around a while, but since I just resumed using Workspaces, I hope it can be fixed. Sometimes when I open a CWP file, the Control bar is gone. The workaround is for me to click on the little arrow on the right side of Workspaces and select my custom workspace. The Control bar then shows back up.

I have a custom Workspace in my Template, so every song I do has this.  In the workspace window I have checked "Apply workspace on project load".  Under "Views" I have Control bar checked in my template and when I open my template it's fine, the Control bar is there. But when I save a new song and later open it, sometimes the Control bar is not there. 

When I open CbB I have it always load my Template. I can't find a recipe to make this happen, it's erratic.  Has anyone else noticed this?

In the Workspace window I chose "save workspace" Maybe that will fix it. Nothing happened when I hit C, maybe I have that shortcut disabled. What does it do?

I also went back to my template and unchecked Views / Control bar and then rechecked it and reselected my custom Workspace and resaved my Template. Lets see if those things make it work

15 hours ago, gmp said:

Control bar was gone completely. I disabled many of the shortcuts like C, since I never want to hide it.

In about a week when I'm back in town, I'll for sure report if I get that happening again

You can free up a lot of space by hiding the control bar.  As stated above, C opens and closes the task bar.  But you can also minimize and restore the Taskbar using SHIFT+C, that way its not all the way closed.

Open the Workspace manager found in the drop down. You can check what will show for the selected Workspace.  
Workspaces are global to all projects. 
If you make changes to your layout and don’t save it to the Workspace or create and save a new workspace then those changes will revert next time you open a project. 

So if your opening a new project and your layout changes then you did not save the workspace. 

Project templates only load project stuff. They don’t save workspaces 

Edited by John Vere