In Events View, left click of mouse increments the value

Terry Kelley

As the title say, in Events view left clicking on any value will increment it. And I mean clicking on it to select it. Midi channel, measure/beat, etc. Right click opens the Event selection so that works. Holding after left  click correctly changes the value when I move the mouse.

It getting old having to reach for the +/- key to fix it. I did a search in both the manual and online and didn't see anything.

Any idea what is going on? Maybe I am bumping the mouse when I click on it? If so, it's REALLY sensitive.

Edited by Terry Kelley

I just tested this on my laptop which has a touchpad. If I had the left click button down using my left hand and a finger on my right hand was on (or barely touching) the touch pad, sometimes I had an increment. So, then I moved the right-hand finger up and down and discovered with the left click button down I could slide the selected value up or down very easily (i.e., very minimal finger movement). 

Possibly you are indeed moving the mouse ever so slightly to cause the increment at the same time as the left click.  If so, perhaps adjust mouse sensitivity in Windows.   

Steve