Sooner or Later

Bajan Blue

So here is the Eleventh track off our Indelible Stain album - The track is called Sooner or Later

The video is again from one of our young "scholars"

Hope you enjoy it.

You can see the lyrics here

https://devinelie.com/indelible-stain/sooner-or-later/

And the whole album is available on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/43IS1UScScZbhzNrfVaB8a

We’ve updated our website as well – we’ve got our own store now where you can get music and merchandise!!

https://devinelie.com

• Like 7

What a great album this is!  As always, you're very creative and inventive in your production.  I like seeing clips of the band performing mixed in.  Any chance of a live recording someday?  The only thing that stood out was that I had to turn up the playback quite a bit, but I have to do that with Steely Dan, as well.  Stay well, Nigel!

Nice hook in this tune. MIx was pretty good.I enjoyed the listen.

Still trying to get the lyrics in totality. I believe the main idea was you wish the world would be better or the world could be better. I could be wrong. If you wanted to share the deeper ideas behind this sometime I'm all ears.

Thanks for sharing this Nigel!

Tim,

Like Supa Reels Steve said above, great hook and yeah I have Sooner or Later stuck in my head too.  
(Along with "deliver de letter, the sooner de better")

I think this video tops all the others of yours, Nigel. Outstanding production, the whole package.

-Bjorn

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

What a great album this is!  As always, you're very creative and inventive in your production.  I like seeing clips of the band performing mixed in.  Any chance of a live recording someday?  The only thing that stood out was that I had to turn up the playback quite a bit, but I have to do that with Steely Dan, as well.  Stay well, Nigel!

Hi Lynn

Thanks for this, really appreciate those great comments.

Yes Indelible Stain the track and the album has been our most successful ever, by some considerable margin.

Indelible Stain the track has now received over 1.5 million views and our YouTube Channel has just gone over the 11 million lifetime views!

So we are very happy with Indelible Stain and will be sorry to see it finish - one more track to release, in a couple weeks time and that's it!!

At the moment we are busy doing videos, and video shorts for the release of the new album, Kiss of Storms - keeping us very busy!!

Keep well

Nigel

On 8/25/2023 at 12:19 PM, Tim Smith said:

Nice hook in this tune. MIx was pretty good.I enjoyed the listen.

Still trying to get the lyrics in totality. I believe the main idea was you wish the world would be better or the world could be better. I could be wrong. If you wanted to share the deeper ideas behind this sometime I'm all ears.

Thanks for sharing this Nigel!

Tim,

Hi Tim

Thanks for this, glad you enjoyed it.

I never like to really analyze what I write too much , but I think the following  lines are the crux of the lyric

Where experts are right

Model this, And model them

Guess a number,, Then press send

Cheers

Nigel

On 8/25/2023 at 12:44 PM, jack c. said:

sounds real good.jack c

Hi jack

Thanks for that - always appreciate your comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 8/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, hsmusic said:

Cool track, it drives right along, enjoyed the listen.

Hi Thanks, glad you enjoyed it - always appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

On 8/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, steve@baselines.com said:

Another great video - solid mix sounds great and fits the video.

hi Steve - thanks for this, really appreciated

Nigel

On 8/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, bjornpdx said:

Like Supa Reels Steve said above, great hook and yeah I have Sooner or Later stuck in my head too.  
(Along with "deliver de letter, the sooner de better")

I think this video tops all the others of yours, Nigel. Outstanding production, the whole package.

-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn

Really pleased you like the video - we try hard on those these days -in fact I have just finished 19 "Shorts" for YouTube and we have about 4/5 video's of tracks from the new album, Kiss of Storms" finished.  Have to see if the shorts are worth doing - personally I have my doubts but friends of mine who are YouTube "experts" tell me they are important!! we shall see.

Again thanks, always appreciate your time

Cheers

Nigel