Starting and end markers for export mix?

Sven

I finally started using Bandlab and I'm enjoying it so far.  In the older days I couldn't find a convenient way to expressly mark the beginning and end of my project for an export mix.   I had to highlight the time ruler bar and then export that making sure I got the highlighted section just right.  Maybe there was an easier way I just didn't know about.

Is there a way to tell Bandlab exactly where your export mix will begin and end and never have that change that unless you move the markers?  

Thanks.

No

While markers do not directly affect export, they may provide landmarks to make a time-based selection for export. 

Other ways to make a time-based selection for export were recently discussed in this thread

The links in the post point to the French documentation. To change a link from the French documentation to English modify the Language in the url from 2 to 3. For example, this French help url

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=2&help=ControlBar.10.html

is modified to 

http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=ControlBar.10.html

for the English version.

I've been begging for years for Start-of-Song and End-of-Song markers. It could be implemented fairly easily using the existing marker features. But in the meantime I've developed my own ritual...

First, insert Start and End markers. 

When you're ready to export, click anywhere in the Track View to make sure it has focus (rather than the console, PRV or some other window). Then press the following key sequence:

CTL-A

W

CTL-Shift-PgDn

F9

CTL-End

CTL-Shift-PgUp

F10

Then export.

Yeh, I know, that's a mouthful, and seemingly impossible to memorize. But after a while it becomes completely automatic. So automatic that I had to think a bit before writing the steps down here. 

If you had a programmable keyboard, you could put those keystrokes into a macro and invoke them with one keypress. There are also software-only methods for doing the same kind of thing.

If you open the markers view you can select a range between any two markers.

When you have no markers between your start of timeand end of tune markers you can select all and then click the ruler between the markers.

If you are exporting a clip you bounced just click the clip.

• Like 2