[Solved] Start Screen Modification

Syphus

Question

I was adding a new template to the "Start Screen" under "New Project".  Once done, I wanted to change the icon (graphic) associated with it.   I have looked in the documentation

and I am not finding the info.

So - Does anyone know how you would go about doing this?  I see others (selections) have an icon?  . . . 

Thanks,

Syphus

Edited by Syphus
Update title

6 answers to this question

I forgot about the relatively new image feature in the notes browser ("F" in the image below). I cannot get the image to take in existing templates but they stick when creating new templates. For existing an template:

• create a project from the template
  • add an image to the project
  • save the project
  • save the project as a template

Browser.10.1.png

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I am guessing this still works (from http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3415475)

Using MS Paint or any drawing tool create an image around 100x100 pixels or less and save the image as a png in the project template folder with the name of the template. For example,

if the template is SomeTemplate.cwt save the image as SomeTemplate.cwt.png.

Open the template in SONAR and re-save it as SomeTemplate.cwt

This should save the template with the image embedded in the cwt file and the template should appear using the image in the start screen. Once the template is saved, the image file may be deleted.

27 minutes ago, scook said:

I forgot about the relatively new image feature in the notes browser. I cannot get the image to take in existing templates but they stick when creating new templates. For existing templates, create and save project from it, then add the image and save back as a template.

I used the above process and it worked as you described . . .    I'm considering this solved

Thanks again,

Syphus

• Like 1