Mysterious Shadows

Wookiee

Here is one I started this time last year, for various reason it got abandoned due to circumstance some know about, other do not need to know.

It uses most all the normal treasured toy sources, Arturia, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, Boz Digital, Overloud and of course Cakewalk plugins.

Entirely composed, recorded, mixed and finalised in CbB.

I hope you enjoy, I am sorry it is another 6:38 tune, I have no control over what the ether feeds me I just channel whatever arrives.

• Like 6

Hi Wookiee!

Very nice stuff. Very Floyd-ish. Can't tell you how much I like this one. Again, didn't seem like 6 + min. Pulled me in immediately and didn't let go. Really nice atmosphere that seems to resonate with me. Could use some Gilmour guitar and Floyd-ish lyrics and vocals. ;-)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Wookie

Really like this, right in my wheel house!!

Love the change up at 3.06

Excellent stuff

Cool

Nigel

Thank you Nigel, nice to know it plays well on your boat 😉, thought it needed a change, back last year it didn't have the drums. 

15 hours ago, FreeEarCandy said:

Hi Wookiee!

Very nice stuff. Very Floyd-ish. Can't tell you how much I like this one. Again, didn't seem like 6 + min. Pulled me in immediately and didn't let go. Really nice atmosphere that seems to resonate with me. Could use some Gilmour guitar and Floyd-ish lyrics and vocals. 😉

Thank you, unfortunately David was not available 😢. Your time, ears and comments are really appreciated. 

• Like 1

One of my favorites from you I think. Super chill, clarity in all sources, drums maybe could do with more reverb? Didn't mind the length, you just have to let yourself go in it. And I did. Should have checked blood pressure before and after - bet it dropped 20pts

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

One of my favorites from you I think. Super chill, clarity in all sources, drums maybe could do with more reverb? Didn't mind the length, you just have to let yourself go in it. And I did. Should have checked blood pressure before and after - bet it dropped 20pts

cheers,

-Tom

Thank you Tom. Nice to hear it chilled you out, more reverb on the drums possibly, how much more would that last gong ring for.

The ether feeds you well on this one Wookiee . . . you always have that interesting pallet of sounds, thought I even heard some virtual jungle monkeys yelping around 2:30, but that could just be my mind playing tricks. Anyways, glad to see your art alive and kicking here on the forum ! Enjoyed, as always.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, noynekker said:

The ether feeds you well on this one Wookiee . . . you always have that interesting pallet of sounds, thought I even heard some virtual jungle monkeys yelping around 2:30, but that could just be my mind playing tricks. Anyways, glad to see your art alive and kicking here on the forum ! Enjoyed, as always.

Thank you sir. That is possibly the ARP 2600, it is playing a simple rising tonic pattern but the voice is weird with some odd modulation. It is also being panned around which results is some frequency masking so it pops in and out a little. 

Again thanks for the ears and time to comment. 

I thought that I had previously listened to this but soon realized that I had not.  I'm glad that a I did listen.  As usual this is a stellar piece.  I love the "held" notes and also luv the drums.  This song seemed to be to introduce a number of aural emotions along the path of listening. 

Well done!!!

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, freddy j said:

I thought that I had previously listened to this but soon realized that I had not.  I'm glad that a I did listen.  As usual this is a stellar piece.  I love the "held" notes and also luv the drums.  This song seemed to be to introduce a number of aural emotions along the path of listening. 

Well done!!!

Thank you Freddy, inspired by aural and visual hallucinations experienced by someone very special to me.