End of Days

steve@baselines.com

@steve@baselines.com Interesting, any chance of the lyrics? Some nice playing, cool guitar tones, mix works here. Taoist Wu wei wu the Art of Doing not Doing. Is not as simple as it seems, it does not mean "not doing" as with any Taoist text it context is so important in its interpretation.

Thanks for sharing the end of days insights I will read more deeply later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wookiee said:

@steve@baselines.com Interesting, any chance of the lyrics? Some nice playing, cool guitar tones, mix works here. Taoist Wu wei wu the Art of Doing not Doing. Is not as simple as it seems, it does not mean "not doing" as with any Taoist text it context is so important in its interpretation.

Thanks for sharing the end of days insights I will read more deeply later. 

Thank you for the feedback Wookiee.  Here are the lyrics.  As we get older, we tend to think more about these things!

We hold it in our hand
Salvation is attainable  
No need to beat a dead horse down   
All that we need is faith
Hope and charity

If you treat others well
Lend them a timely helping hand
In desperate times of need
You hold it in your hand

Don't listen to that shite
You know I'm ultimately right
Don't let them foil your plans
Remember who is number one 
Keep your eyes on the prize
The spoils are yours to take.

The choice is yours to make
free will's a bitch
no matter how your path diverges

Will you be on the rise
as others burn 
You hold the answer in your hand 

No matter what life hands you 
Someone else has a heavier cross to bear
You know it's true so ...
Let kindness be your shining guiding light

The darkness, will tempt us
the choices are shaded and obscured by  
forces that are hard to fight  

The choice is up to you.

• Thanks 1

Great song, great lyrics.
0:35  There's a real familiar riff for a couple of seconds here.

A few years ago there were billboards proclaiming the end of the world would happen on a certain date, the date being my birthday.  I thought wow what a great present: Armageddon.
-Bjorn

• Like 1

Great work on this song Steve!  The instrumentation is very well done played, arranged and separated.  BTW - luv the little Ventures riff.  The vocals are also well very done.  The lyrics are excellent and poignant.  The phrases "...The choice is up to you ...  and-- ...free will is a bitch..." are particularly relevant.

The current estimates from the relevant scientific community is that this planet has somewhere around another 4 billion years before our sun supernovas and earth is cooked.  They also warn that we are entering in to the 6th mass species extinction of life on this planet.   While it would appear that our planet will be here for quite some time it appears that we (as a species along with many others) will not be,  Perhaps that is the Armageddon mentioned above? 

• Like 2