Feature Request - Display TIME for Time Selection

melmyers

I use Cakewalk to produce radio and TV commercial audio, where timing has to be precise. Often, I need to cut down a longer piece of music to fit, sometimes starting in the middle. It would be helpful if, when one makes a time selection, there is a readout of exactly how long the time selection itself is.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Overall I like the idea.  I can visualize a floating pop-up window displaying the information.  However, because the control bar can display multiple measurements wouldn't be more appropriate if the window displayed the data in the same format as the control bar?

For example if I'm highlighting part of a track as part of my preparation to create a sample accurate loop I may have the control bar set to samples and would want to know how many samples I've highlighted.

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Selection duration is shown on the Export module. "E" on the image below

ControlBar.03.2.png

Steve, I've read from your link that "E" is the selection duration.  So if I have the large Export module (as seen in your image) "E" will update and display the duration of a selection even if I'm going to cut or delete the highlighted selection?

On 8/23/2019 at 8:36 PM, scook said:

Selection duration is shown on the Export module. "E" on the image below

ControlBar.03.2.png

That's what I needed! Thanks for the info.

I'm really not surprised that Cakewalk already had that feature. It's such a deep program that I still don't know it all after over 10 years of experience.

My only feature request now would be for the Selection readout to be larger...but I'll be happy with Cakewalk even if that never happens.