Feature req: Possibility to turn off MIDI input echo for channels even when "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" is enabled

GreenLight

The setting "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" is brilliant in its convenience and something I always want enabled.

But for example, for the arp on the Moog Subsequent 37 hardware to work properly,  it requires that MIDI input is turned off in Cakewalk. And the only option is to turn off "Always Echo Current MIDI Track" entirely. It would be much more convenient to be able to disable MIDI echo for individual tracks instead of having to turn it off entirely.

Thanks for considering it!

Edited by GreenLight
Improved grammar :)

13 hours ago, sjoens said:

I've been hitting the global echo button 2x to get the "always on" one to go off with the rest.

Thanks for the input!

Very interesting: as you say, clicking on the control bar button "Input Echo" two times, will actually dim the input echo button on MIDI tracks even when in "Always on" mode. But unfortunately it doesn't seem to work as expected, at least not in my scenario. Cakewalk still echoes MIDI data on that track, causing some kind of MIDI loop, which causes the arp on the Moog Subsequent 37 to continuously restart from the beginning, which is not my wanted behavior.

I just realized that as a workaround, I can just place focus on another MIDI track before playback to avoid the MIDI echo loop.

• Like 1