Ins. defenition

Gilbert Lachin

Hello, I'm having a hard time figuring out a best way of making an instrument definition for my keyboard Korg pa1000. i do have Korg pa4x ins definition it works well but not for user banks. i need to make a file by typing the names ofr user and direct banks but it will take ages to finish. and quick idea or ways to make one?

15 hours ago, Gilbert Lachin said:

Hello, I'm having a hard time figuring out a best way of making an instrument definition for my keyboard Korg pa1000. i do have Korg pa4x ins definition it works well but not for user banks. i need to make a file by typing the names ofr user and direct banks but it will take ages to finish. and quick idea or ways to make one?

I used to do instrument definitions user banks for a different line of synths.  I used Window's Notepad to edit.  Later, a fellow user created a patch librarian that had a built-in *.ins file maker.  Check to see if Korg has such a utility, or if there is fan of Korg gear that has created a patch librarian that has an *.ins file generator.  Several months ago, I found that one major manufacturer had a utility on their site.  Not sure if it was Korg, Yamaha, or someone else.  Also, you could see if the sysex implementation has a command to output an ascii list of the names of patches in a bank.

Any of those methods would be better than typing in all of the names one-by-one from looking at the display.  Hope this helps.

Not sure if this thread has anything useful, but here it is just in case.

Edited by User 905133
tom add a link to another forum discussion about the pa4x