cakewalk will no longer load

Ken Ferguson

Took a trip usa and came back to lad cakewalk by bandlab today and the splash screen comes up and nothing. I launch inside the bandlab assistant and get a message cannot load cakewalk try as admin. Ive changed nothing in my window 10 system. I unistalled and downloaded the lastest version and get the same result. Maybe windows 10 updated as of aug 1st 2019 and is causing issues. My abiliton live works fine so its got to be a software issue with this company. Hope you can fix soon. I was just getting into this with my new arturia minilab keyboard. But if not ill move on.....

I had this problem the day after I updated (official update, not early update or hotfix).

Let me find my notes.

Briefly, I checked Task Manager and found I had some instances of CW and UI editor as processes.  I killed them and then I was allowed to boot CW--from my desktop link, from BA, from the UI Editor, and from the Program Files.

For me it was as simple as deleting the processes that Windows still had listed, even though as I recall they were at 0.0 (inactive) and neither the Theme Editor or BA was actually running.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but thought I'd mention it just in case it is similar.

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
to clarify that I realize it might not be the exact same issue
  • Meh 1