Delete Hole Not Working properly

Jimlau

I am trying to remove a section in my project. But as shown, when I perform the operation 1 track does not shift left to close the hole.

I selected all tracks, then did the, from now, to til now, to highlight the proper section.

Why does 1 track {red arrow} not shift back like the other tracks?

Thanks.

2.jpg

1.jpg

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

Delete hole will only delete a hole in what is selected.   Track 15 has nothing selected, so nothing from it gets deleted.

You're better off turning on ripple edit all, then deleting the selection.

No, all tracks were selected. See the non-arrow photo. I can't see why 1 of the tracks doesn't respond when the others do when all are selected.

41 minutes ago, gustabo said:

Jimlau, reread msmcleod's answer, he told you why and that you'd be better off using ripple edit.

As I said, they were all selected. See photo 2. They are out of order. As you can see, all tracks are selected.

Will look into ripple edit to overcome this software flaw.

1 minute ago, Base 57 said:

The track is selected but there is no data in the track in the selected time to delete. Ripple edit was implemented specifically for this problem.

Don't forget to turn it off after.

Thanks much!

17 hours ago, Jimlau said:

As I said, they were all selected. See photo 2. They are out of order. As you can see, all tracks are selected.

Will look into ripple edit to overcome this software flaw.

Even though you say they were all selected, if there is nothing in the selection, it wasn't selected...

• 2 weeks later...

Weather tracks were empty or not, it wasn't a problem in Sonar 8,5 for example. Delete  Hole meant shift by whole measures no matter what. It's the measure you want to get rid off and choose what happens to events accordingly. Not all tracks have data at the same time, this is not ok

I just switched a two months ago and the workflow shows that in Bandlab you need 1 or 2 steps more to get what you want.  Not very happy about it

Hey, I do it the way you are trying to do it all the time, and it works even if, as some have noted, there is no data in Track 15.  On the other hand, I have tried using ripple / edit all and I never seem to be able to get it to delete a measure (or other selection) in the entire project, so I have just continued to do what you were doing.  Wondering why it didn't work for you here.