Does Echo Delay Have Minimum Adjustment Level Setting?

Dan Patterson

I am trying to add a minimal amount of delay using the Cakewalk Echo Delay plugin to a Native Instrument piano-Grandeur. I have 2 echos and 7% delay. Minimal! Here's the steps I am using: Right click on top corner of midi cliip/select Process Effect/Midi Effects/Cakewalk Effects/Echo Delay   The plug in control face pops up and I adjust the x/y settings to 2 echos & 7% delay. Hit Audition. Love the sound. Hit OK. Play back and hate the sound. Check the settings 2 echos and 85% delay.

What am I doing wrong.

Also I've noticed folks including their set-up details at the bottom of their posts. I've put my set up on this post, but how is that done as part of my message template? Couldn't find anything in my account.

Windows 10, Dell i7, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, M-Audio Hammer88 Pro, Native Instruments, Spitfire Audio and various other instrument and effects plugins.

@Dan Patterson It all seems to work nominally on my system, when trying to replicate this.  -In my understanding, and having used MIDI Echo Delay a few times long ago, applying that plugin in that manner actually modifies the original MIDI in the track you have selected, so perhaps there are other parts of the project playing back as well when you test after applying? I know the "Audition" function only plays the track you have selected. And, be sure you haven't accidentally processed it twice I guess?

You might simply try adding the MIDI Echo Delay plugin to the FX bin of the base MIDI track (before processing), and try using it that way as a test. Then, when you are playing it, you can look at whether anything else might be interfering as well. -Just some suggestions.

• Like 1

Right. I always put it in the F/X bin first, then adjust and process. But you don't have to process. I think these MIDI plug-ins use very little processing.

Plus, I think the 'audition' button may use a different synth than the one you're playing, unless you set it up like you want first.

The set-up details are in the signature part of your profile. Make sure to save!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Cakewalk is great because there are multiple ways to do everything--different strokes! I found a different method that worked perfectly. Thank you so much for your help. Perhaps my adventures learning other DAW's have helped me with Cakewalk, but it is the easiest one to get into.....so far!

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2023 at 3:58 PM, Dan Patterson said:

Also I've noticed folks including their set-up details at the bottom of their posts. I've put my set up on this post, but how is that done as part of my message template? Couldn't find anything in my account.

@Dan Patterson Upper right corner of this page. Click on the down arrow next to your screen name and choose "Account Settings." Then on the left side of that page, select "Signature." These are instructions for those using a computer. If you're on your phone, you're on your own.😎