bx_oberhausen unusable presets

The .papreset files should be found in this folder > "C:\Program Files\Plugin Alliance\bx_oberhausen\Presets". Use the preset browser in the bx_oberhausen UI to load these presets.

To access the browser just click the little square icon in the upper left between the power button and the UI scale %.

bx_oberhausen browser.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Parson-McNamara said:

I started watching some tuts on YouTube and had been shown I should be using the field that says "Untitled".

It is a really great synth! For 80 more excellent preset sounds, check out the Luftrum 22 preset bank for bx_oberhausen, by Luftrum and Sonic Underworld. $29. https://www.luftrum.com/luftrum22/

I don't understand why you cannot see the old-school preset pull-down menu in the preset name field "untitled". That also works here but I avoid it because it lacks the advanced features of the browser view.

Tip: click the "?" in the lower-right corner of the plugin for a link to the PDF plugin manual that covers all of the synth sections and parameters.

bx_oberhausen Plugin Manual Sections.PNG

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, the bx_oberhausen and the GX-80 are great sounding synths! :)

Another synth from Plugin Alliance and Brainworx worth checking out is Knifonium. https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/knif_audio_knifonium.html

"Capture the tone of a boutique synthesizer powered by 26 vacuum tubes
The Knifonium is an exceptionally beautiful-sounding analog synthesizer that is driven by a whopping 26 vacuum tubes. This upscale synth features two tube-driven oscillators, a 4th order ladder filter, a ring modulator, and a gorgeous “steampunk” aesthetic."

"One of the most rare synths in production today
The original hardware units are handcrafted in small batches by high-end audio device designer Jonte Knif, with his incomparable sense for detail. As beautiful as these synthesizers are, the Knifonium is much more than a stunning piece of eye-candy capable of making “weird noises". It is an exceptionally musical and inspiring instrument with so many possibilities for shaping and modulating sound. Fewer than two dozen of them have ever been made."

"Even more powerful than the original
Not only is the plugin version of the Knifonium more accessible and easy to use than the original, it also includes features that aren’t possible in the analog world. This plugin emulation of the Knifonium adds 8 independent voices to the synthesizer, opening up a new universe of possibilities."

Edited by abacab