Import CWB into session?

jono grant

Not directly, but what I do is select all of the tracks in the project you wish to import, save those as a track template, then copy all of the track data. Then, in the new project, import in that track template and paste the copied track data into the imported tracks.

Not the most elegant way to do things, but it does the job. I find it's best to open both projects and tile the windows side by side so it's easier to see where things are being copied.

I'd love a more direct solution where we can import in other projects to new or existing tracks so it cuts this middle step out of the process, but this works in the meantime.

• Like 2

Just to add to @Lord Tim's solution...

If you first save the tracks from the old project as a track template,  insert the track template  into the new project, then copy the tracks from the old project on to the tracks you created via the template, you'll preserve any automation/routing from the old project.

The selection in the old project will be preserved during the process, so:

In the old project:
1. Select the tracks you want to transfer over
2. Save as a track template

In the new project:
3. Insert the track template you saved in step 2

In the old project:
4. Copy Special

In the new project:

5. Click on the first track inserted by the track template to make it the active track, and make sure the Now Time is at time zero
6. Paste Special

In some cases, you might get extra blank tracks created at the end of your tracks - you can just delete these.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1