Loading a second project

wfrayer46

Cakewalk loads the first project fine and everything works fine. When I close that project and try to go to another project, Cakewalk hangs and all I can do is close and restart?  Cakewalk. What is wrong, what have I done to mess this up? It has been working fine.

I noticed that 'sporadically' since last update I think - there was an update...

Today I was on a project and saved several times, it shuts down (OK it may be a VST/plugin) and loaded project with 'nothing' inside - weird!

Now I have to quickly re-do it before I forget!
pff

Edited by Moogy

Are you sure it hangs on the load of project #2 - and not just after quitting project #1?

I've had some buggy plugins cause Cakewalk to crash just after the project has been closed. I'm thinking it might be possible that there's a buggy VST in the first project... just an idea. :)

10 minutes ago, GreenLight said:

Are you sure it hangs on the load of project #2 - and not just after quitting project #1?

I've had some buggy plugins cause Cakewalk to crash just after the project has been closed. I'm thinking it might be possible that there's a buggy VST in the first project... just an idea. :)

Could be

32bit plug-ins should be at the top of the suspect list