g5fighter

Cakewalk running slow in a powerful computer

Question

Hi, I had an old computer and I installed Cakewalk. I liked it very much, and when I bought the new one that was more powerful (Asus Rog Strix Scar II), I decided to install it as well. But it goes a lot slower than the old one. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Open task manager.  Click on the processes tab.  Find the CPU column header and move the header so you can see it.

The CPU column details how much cpu power each process is consuming.  Some background process is likely using the cpu too much.Clipboard01.jpg.41227596b51417cca87ceae884cad2ea.jpg

Turn core parking off.  Go to advanced power settings and set CPU min and max to 100%. 

Install all windows 10 and driver updates.  With drivers, go to the manufacturer's websites rather than letting Windows do it.  Also, tell Windows updates to leave drivers alone.

Check which programs start when you start the PC (and therefore running in the background.

Hello and thanks to the creator of the post, am having the same problem in 2 new computers only bought for create music, they are just new 2 very powerfull computers with just 1 program, and its called Cakewalk by Bandlab, and i have the same probleman in 2 computers, i have an old one wich loads normally, but in two absolutely more powerfull machines with all the drivers updates, and etc, is freezing and getting slow, as much tracks i start to add to a project, it inmediatly starts to freeze, we appreciate a cool answer.

Better to start your own thread with more information.

Include details about the hardware (both PC spec and audio interface make) and OS. Also include project information such as sample rate, audio/MIDI track count, plug-ins used.

Even the most powerful PC can be brought to a halt if not setup correctly or asked to do too much in real time.

What do people mean by Cakewalk is "running slowly?" I assume this is some issue about the reaction of the user interface with a slow response to commands, rather than an issue with dropouts. The latter would not be noticeable to the user except as corruption/distortion of the audio. A more precise description of the issue might help. What is showing in the performance tab of Windows task manager and in the processes tab when sorted for memory or CPU usage?  You can also do a quick review of what is running at startup, as Promidi suggests, under the startup tab.

13 minutes ago, slartabartfast said:

What do people mean by Cakewalk is "running slowly?" I assume this is some issue about the reaction of the user interface with a slow response to commands, rather than an issue with dropouts. The latter would not be noticeable to the user except as corruption/distortion of the audio. A more precise description of the issue might help. What is showing in the performance tab of Windows task manager and in the processes tab when sorted for memory or CPU usage?  You can also do a quick review of what is running at startup, as Promidi suggests, under the startup tab.

Memory Ram usage 27%, Procesor 33%, Disk 15%, when i turn on all canals and switch on all tracks, Stats are the same, but as you say, when u press the space bar key to reproduce the file, he starts with a distort sound, then continues normally, then ends distort sound again

This is not very helpful without knowing about the hardware specs, OS and project info.

It may be audio driver buffers are set too low. Knowing more about the audio interface and it's settings might help. But it could be something else. The more information the better. Resource utilization percentages do not mean much by themselves.

Again this probably  has nothing to do with the OP and should be in a separate thread.