The Journey to the Center of the Earth

RexRed

Brand new song, still working on this one.

I needs critiques and suggestions.

I thought I would give you a listen into this new piece.

It still needs a guitar lead in the middle of the song, some harmonies and a few other instruments to embellish here and there.

I hope you like this awesome Cakewalk peeps! 

Edited by RexRed
  • Like 3

I did wonder about the very slow tempo until the vocal kicked in - but no, it's perfect as it is. Loving the seventh chords - sounds great. As usual, your vocals are the stand out.

Are you sure about the guitar for the lead instrumental - there must be a lot of options you could consider there, everything from a smoky sax to a violin lament and back again. I'd try a few and see what works before you decide.

Loving your work, as always

Andy

• Like 1

I think you can hit a more enunciated "Moving" on the second line. I realize they are somewhat scratch vocals, but levels are a little uneven(volume primarily and switches to your higher parts where you get breathy), but I know you have that! Same with the harmony.

Disagree with the reverb comment, but I come the Devin Townsend school of vocals, and he can lay it on thick, and it sounds like it belongs to me.

Agree with maybe picking up the tempo a little - a little experimentation will bear out if it sounds "right", but I am curious.

Edited by hockeyjx
  • Like 1

Wow! Lots of really helpful responses! A lot to consider, I will take all of these suggestions and give them some thought.

I have a few days before I plan to publish the song.

Thanks for the compliments, especially the one on the oscilloscope lol

😁

I will let you know when the song has been replaced with a newer version.

Edited by RexRed

New song version Cakewalk peeps! 

I just finished this new version of this song!

I added harmonies, a harpsichord, some EPs, a lead guitar part and tons of time mixing/mastering.

I have for a moment considered this song done until i thought of giving it some electric guitar clean rhythm to accompany the acoustic guitar rhythm.

Something for tomorrow maybe.

You can hear what I have done so far.  I did lower the reverb a bit as well.

Should I add some drums maybe?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks peeps!