Z3tA Registration box not showing up

C00lChr1s

13 minutes ago, scook said:

The later z3ta+2 installers are Cakewalk Command Center aware. The best way to activate z3ta+2 is install using the CCC. The plug-in is automatically activated at the end of the install process by CCC.

Question: Does it matter if it was purchased through Steam along with all of the DLC?  In the Command Center, Z3tA is listed as a Demo install and not as a connected product under my account.

--------------------------------------

The manual activation process is documented here https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation

I've also tried this as well. Here's what I get: from Z3tA in standalone and BandLab Assistant; “Cakewalk by BandLab>Open>Process Offline Activation Request> point to Documents>Select - > Z3TA2.crq”,  Received Error “Failed to Authenticate Activation Request” pop-up.  Response code 401 (Unauthorized).

9 minutes ago, C00lChr1s said:

I've also tried this as well. Here's what I get: from Z3tA in standalone and BandLab Assistant; “Cakewalk by BandLab>Open>Process Offline Activation Request> point to Documents>Select - > Z3TA2.crq”,  Received Error “Failed to Authenticate Activation Request” pop-up.  Response code 401 (Unauthorized).

I have never bothered with the manual activation process, but I just reviewed the documentation that i linked about the process and it does not refer to the stand-alone synth or BandLab Assistant, so I am not sure what steps were taken.

I have always used the Cakewalk Command Center for installation and activation of Cakewalk products with CCC aware installers, like z3ta+2.

If you cannot get CCC or the manual process documented in the link above to work contain support@cakewalk.com

1 minute ago, scook said:

I have never bothered with the manual activation process, but I just reviewed the documentation that i linked about the process and it does not refer to the stand-alone synth or BandLab Assistant, so I am not sure what steps were taken.

I have always used the Cakewalk Command Center for installation and activation of Cakewalk products with CCC aware installers, like z3ta+2.

If you cannot get CCC or the manual process documented in the link above to work contain support@cakewalk.com

Agreed:  This is exactly where I currently am with Support and it's pretty quiet. This does appear to be a new/reccuring issue, if you will.  After doing  some more digging on Steams support forums.  I was able to locate a developer whom used to support folks on Steam sethkellogg@cakewalk.com so I have included him on an email thread along with supports recommended steps. In which all has failed. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.  Z3tA will be down until.  I really appreciate the time you've taken to assist with this matter. Thank you.

58 minutes ago, C00lChr1s said:

The manual activation process is documented here https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation

I've also tried this as well. Here's what I get: from Z3tA in standalone and BandLab Assistant; “Cakewalk by BandLab>Open>Process Offline Activation Request> point to Documents>Select - > Z3TA2.crq”,  Received Error “Failed to Authenticate Activation Request” pop-up.  Response code 401 (Unauthorized).

You need to perform the offline activation from within the Z3TA UI, not from the Cakewalk menu, which you apparently have described. BandLab Assistant and Cakewalk by BandLab came along much later than Z3TA and are not integrated with Z3TA.

Edited by abacab

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007013384/Offline-Activation

Z3TA+ 2 Offline Activation

• Access to the Internet from another computer is necessary in order to download the Z3TA+ 2 installer and to transfer the activation files.
  • Visit your Cakewalk account to download the Z3TA+ 2 installer and transfer it to your offline computer. After running the installer, open your DAW and insert it into a project.

• In Z3TA+ 2, click the Options button > Offline Activation > Export Activation Request to open the Save activation request dialog box.
  • Note that this menu option will not be available after Z3TA+ 2 has been authorized.

• Select the folder to which you want to save the activation request, then click Save. Z3TA+ 2 generates an activation request file with a .crq extension.
  • Tip: save this file to a convenient location, like your Desktop or Documents folder, so it will be easy to find in the upcoming steps.

• Copy the .crq file to an online computer (using a USB drive, for example).

• Using the online computer, open the Activate section of your Cakewalk account. Sign in with your Cakewalk username and password if necessary.

• Click the Select a File button to upload the .crq file.

• Click the Submit button. Your browser will begin downloading the activation response file, which has a .dat extension.
  • Internet Explorer users must also click Save for the file to download.

• Transfer the .dat file to the offline computer. It will most likely be available in the online computer's Downloads folder.

• In Z3TA+ 2, click the Options button > Offline Activation > Import Activation Response to open the Import activation response dialog box.

• Select the .dat file that you downloaded and click Open. A message box will let you know that Z3TA+ 2 is activated, click the OK button to use the synth.

19 minutes ago, abacab said:

You need to perform the offline activation from within the Z3TA UI, not from the Cakewalk menu, which you apparently have described. BandLab Assistant and Cakewalk by BandLab came along much later than Z3TA and are not integrated with Z3TA.

Support has suggested several ways to try.  Yes, I have tried from the Z3tA UI as standalone and as a VST while occupying a track on 2 different DAW's - Ableton and Cakewalk by Bandlab. I get the same result.  On Cakewalk's site, where you submit the .crq file seems to upload just fine, but nothing comes back.  From what the instructions state, is that I am to expect a .dat file that is suppose to automatically upload to me.  But nothing comes down, I've tried through Chrome and Edge.

Could be on the server side, iisreset maybe?

Edited by C00lChr1s

Yes, those are the instructions I linked above.

Apparently, the OP is using Steam-delivered products. It may not matter, but the products sold through Steam were subtly different. 

15 minutes ago, C00lChr1s said:

I was able to locate a developer whom used to support folks on Steam sethkellogg@cakewalk.com

Very few of the old Cakewalk staff were hired by BandLab and Seth Kellog was not one.

Steam users really should mention they need help with Steam delivered products when posting on this forum or communicating with support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, C00lChr1s said:

Support has suggested several ways to try.  Yes, I have tried from the Z3tA UI as standalone and as a VST while occupying a track on 2 different DAW's - Ableton and Cakewalk by Bandlab. I get the same result.  On Cakewalk's site, where you submit the .crq file seems to upload just fine, but nothing comes back.  From what the instructions state, is that I am to expect a .dat file that is suppose to automatically upload to me.  But nothing comes down, I've tried through Chrome and Edge.

Frustrating, I really don't know why the registration box won't come up.

If you are using the legacy Cakewalk site, I doubt that it can generate any files. Those servers have been in read-only mode since the company shutdown and BandLab bought the assets from Gibson in 2018.

Support at BandLab is probably the only avenue of last resort at this time, as it's been several years since the Cakewalk company was shut down. I imagine it is frustrating, but BandLab is extending support to former Cakewalk customers as a gesture of generosity, not as an obligation. Suggest that you try to work with them!

• Like 1

Just now, abacab said:

If you are using the legacy Cakewalk site, I doubt that it can generate any files. Those servers have been in read-only mode since the company shutdown and BandLab bought the assets from Gibson in 2018.

Support at BandLab is probably the only avenue of last resort at this time, as it's been several years since the Cakewalk company was shut down. I imagine it is frustrating, but BandLab is extending support to former Cakewalk customers as a gesture of generosity, not as an obligation. Suggest that you try to work with them!

Fully agree and will do without a question!  I really appreciate any help that I can get.  If I need to repurchase Z3tA and put a little cash into their accounts, I'm all for it without thought!

Really love what they've done thus far with the DAW and the other products "Quality" imo. 

I go back to when it was a DOS only DAW (yeah just showed my age).  It was so much fun, miss the old days :)

5 minutes ago, scook said:

Very few of the old Cakewalk staff were hired by BandLab and Seth Kellog was not one.

That's a good point! And another one that may not be clear to all is that there is no actual continuity of the former Cakewalk company. It was shutdown and now BandLab owns the assets. BandLab has shown goodwill and generosity to former Cakewalk customers by extending best-effort support for legacy products. Just be patient and work with them, and if at all possible they may resolve a user's issue.

7 minutes ago, C00lChr1s said:

If I need to repurchase Z3tA and put a little cash into their accounts, I'm all for it without thought!

Not possible (yet, after 4 years). None of the other former Cakewalk branded products were ever re-released to the market for purchase. Cakewalk is free.

Just curious, why do you want to use Z3TA after all these years without? I understand if it's nostalgia, but there are some other awesome free synths available these days!

Edited by abacab

11 minutes ago, abacab said:

Not possible (yet, after 4 years). None of the other former Cakewalk branded products were ever re-released to the market for purchase. Cakewalk is free.

Just curious, why do you want to use Z3TA after all these years without? I understand if it's nostalgia, but there are some other awesome free synths available these days!

A great synth!  I've learned to love it and it loved me back. I guess it's time to move on and give it a respectful burial.

4 minutes ago, C00lChr1s said:

A great synth!  I've learned to love it and it loved me back. I guess it's time to move on and give it a respectful burial.

Yes it was! Take a look at the free Surge XT. It has some wave shaping and morphing features that remind me a bit of Z3TA! https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/

The original Surge was a commercial synth released back in the Z3TA days, but was released to open source a while back and is now in current development and support by a dedicated team. Better than an end-of-life synth in my book any day! :)

5 minutes ago, abacab said:

Yes it was! Take a look at the free Surge XT. It has some wave shaping and morphing features that remind me a bit of Z3TA! https://surge-synthesizer.github.io/

The original Surge was a commercial synth released back in the Z3TA days, but was released to open source a while back and is now in current development and support by a dedicated team. Better than an end-of-life synth in my book any day! :)

Nice!  I'll definitely take your word for it and I'll check it out!  Thank you! :)