Can´t find earlier versions of a plugin

moonbooter

Hi,

I hope someone can help me: I installed several versions of a plugin (NI Kontakt 5.7 and 6.7) but I can only see and load the newer version.

How can I cange that behavior? I want to see both VSTs in the list, so I can decide to load the one or the other.

Many thanks in advance

Edited by moonbooter

You may also want to edit the vst inventory in the registry to rename some of the Kontakt entries to prevent confusion.

K67.png.946c3b2f84ebf11b1fa9f2d5579f020f.png

Btw, I did not have to rename or move any DLLs to get them both to show up, because K7's file is named "Kontakt 7.dll" while K6 is named "Kontakt.dll". In all previous versions, the major version number has been part of the DLL filename, e.g. "Kontakt 4.dll". I actually have versions 4,5,6 and 7 all installed and happily coexisting. (The pre-K6 versions are under "Native Instruments GmbH", which is why they don't appear in the above screenshot.)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys! But it´seems not to be possible to install for example Kontakt 6.2 and 6.7 at the same time. I tried different folders, but Cakewalk always show only the never version 6.7. Also renaming does not work for me.

Edited by moonbooter

If you rename Kontakt 6.2 to "Kontakt62.dll" and Kontakt 6.7 to "Kontakt67.dll" then Cakewalk should see them as separate things. However, they are both going to be identified as just "Kontakt" in the Insert Synth menu, making it impossible to tell one from the other when selecting within Cakewalk. However, the displayed name can be changed easily if you're comfortable using regedit.

Just out of curiosity, what is it you need to do with two different minor revisions? 

• Like 1

Thanks again... I renamed the files (last version of Kontakt 5, 6 and 7), like bitflipper suggest, and put them in the same X86 respective x64 directory. And now: It works. I only have some trouble with the track templates. They always use Kontakt 7. But that´s OK for me. 🐵

All the best