Session Drummer 3 piano roll range

Barry Joel

I s there any way to increase the piano roll range of Session Drummer 3?

I have created about 10 custom kits with extra samples at either end of the piano roll.  All samples sound except notes below 9 down to 0.

It is obviously a setting in SD3. 

Does anyone know which file and line item I edit?

I am surprised notes outside the documented range work at all.

IIRC, the kit is mostly GM with some notes below 35 controlling the MIDI loop transport.

The note mapping is in the Session Drummer 3 help installed with the plug-in. Hit the F1 key to bring up the help when the plug-in UI has focus.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

See Preferences > Customization > Display >Base Octave for Pitches.

There's no convention for numbering octaves in MIDI; different vendors use different conventions. CbB sets the first octave to zero by default so note number 0 is C0, and middle C is C5. If EZBass uses the the first two octaves (note numbers 0-23) for key switches, those will be octaves 0 and 1 in CbB. If you want CbB to match EZBass, you can enter -1 for Base Octave, but beware that other plugins might be different.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of instruments with key switches extending past the physical keyboard.  I ended up getting a small Alesis 25-key keyboard that I use as a controller.  It has knobs and pads that can all be assigned and you can work in any octave.  It's so convenient having the articulations attached to the pads!!  Well worth the little it costs!

Alesis controller keyboard