Virtual controller - X2

Rb2

Hi, I'm one of the suckers who paid for Sonar (lol) - I see there is a virtual controller in the view menu.  I don't see it in Sonar X2 (pre-bandlab of course).  Is it there, or is there a way to install it?  Thanks.

Don't feel like a sucker, enjoy all of the bundled stuff you bought that was tied to SONAR that you can now use in Cakewalk - there's a LOT of it. I can't actually recall when the virtual keyboard was added, but if that's something you want to use, why not just use the current Cakewalk? It's entirely backwards compatible, and as I said, it allows you to use all of your X2 stuff seamlessly so long as you don't uninstall X2, and you match the scan paths for the VSTs in preferences.

1 hour ago, Rb2 said:

Hi, I'm one of the suckers who paid for Sonar (lol) - I see there is a virtual controller in the view menu.  I don't see it in Sonar X2 (pre-bandlab of course).  Is it there, or is there a way to install it?  Thanks.

The virtual keyboard controller was added in March 2015 to SONAR Platinum/Professional and Artist. Of course, this is still available in CbB.

Prior to March 2015, adding a virtual controller to SONAR usually meant adding a virtual MIDI cable such as LoopBe1 and a third-party software keyboard (my favorite PC73 from ChordPulse is no longer available). For example, here is a thread about this from the old forum http://forum.cakewalk.com/Connecting-a-software-like-VMPK-Virtual-Midi-Piano-Keybaord-to-Sonar-Platimum-m3195394.aspx

• Like 1