tunedeaf

Kontakt 7 Released

I wonder how much it'll be next month.

FYI Kontakt 7 doesn't replace Kontakt 6 so you can't automatically continue working on old projects using Kontakt 7. It's a new VST.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Might just update to a lower K14 tier.

It’s an idea to compare the difference in price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Might be tempted if I can update for $50 this Cybersale

That's exactly what I was thinking...

• Like 1

For now I don't see any reason to upgrade! I am satisfied with Kontakt 6!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, marled said:

For now I don't see any reason to upgrade! I am satisfied with Kontakt 6!

Soon new libraries will require v7. Once you find one that you want, you'll get caught into the marketing spin.

Hope it's later than sooner ;) 

Edited by chris.r
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, chris.r said:

Soon new libraries will require v7. Once you find one that you want, you'll get caught into the marketing spin.

Hope it's later than sooner ;) 

Well .. there is  the free KONTAKT 7 PLAYER at least. I realise some instruments require full 

Posted (edited)

So to upgrade from  KOMPLETE 13 to 14 is €199 which includes Kontakt 7 .. While to upgrade to just Kontakt 7 is €99 .... mmmmmm

Edited by aidan o driscoll

6 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

So to upgrade from  KOMPLETE 13 to 14 is €199 which includes Kontakt 7 .. While to upgrade to just Kontakt 7 is €99 .... mmmmmm

All depends on what you are interested in.  Take look at the new content.

I got a deal on Komplete 13 last year and have left half of it uninstalled. Just wanted a few of the instruments. Don't see anything except for K7 that I care for in Komplete 14.

• Like 2

Do folks really use everything in the KCE? If so, what's the main attraction over and above the Standard edition?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, abacab said:

Do folks really use everything in the KCE? If so, what's the main attraction over and above the Standard edition?

I suppose it's just because you get much more content and the price difference isn't always that much.

Last time I went from K12 ultimate to K13 CE.   That gave me quite a few extra bits that I wouldn't have got from K13 ultimate.   The Cremona strings for example, which are excellent.  You can do a compare on the various versions on the NI website.

This time I don't see a huge amount that I want in K14 CE so I'm happy to wait for the upgrade price to be much more attractive.

Edited by simon

Yep. Cremona Strings made KU13CE worthwhile. Omnia Choir and Ashlight don’t do as much for KU14CE. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yep. Cremona Strings made KU13CE worthwhile. Omnia Choir and Ashlight don’t do as much for KU14CE. 

Same for me. Cremona Strings are top-notch, and going from 11U to 13CE was a pretty nice upgrade.

14CE doesn't thrill me. I am indifferent to Ashlight, and while Choir Omnia looks pretty nice, I've already got a half-dozen choir libraries I don't use (and a few that I do), including most of George Strezov's. So I don't see a real advantage to having this one -- at least, not $700 worth of advantage, anyway. 

Edited by Amicus717

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, daveiv said:

How is the new factory library?

It's good, for what it is. Any purpose-built library will outperform a factory patch in a hundred different ways, but for a general purpose tool, the new Factory 2 patches are well-made and sound pretty good. And they are 100% a long-overdue upgrade to the original Factory library.  The difference is pretty big, to my ears.

They have the kind of strengths and limitations you'd expect: not a huge amount of detail or flexibility, but quality samples and easy-to-run scripting. I'd use the Factory 2 library for doing fast sketches on my laptop any day, and I probably will. They're perfect for that role. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 1