Always On My Mind

garybrun

HI folks.
So there is no misunderstanding here in my latest posts...
I have not played these songs...  I have adapted backing tracks.
Vocals is my main instrument.

I have posted quite a few now up on SoundCloud and they are trending...  I think country is my new thing.
I enclose my vocal chain...

Vox_Chain.PNG

Edited by garybrun

40 minutes ago, Myriad Rocker said:

@garybrun, who would you say are your primary vocal influences?  I'm hearing a few, and I want to see if I'm right or I'm just hearing what I want to hear in them.

Nice vocal performance.  I could use a few more harmonies here and there on certain words/phrases to add emphasis in the verses.

The difficult thing for me here (not being big headed) but I sing a little like Elvis..  but that is my natural voice.
So its quite hard not to come across as you are impersonating.. so on this song I tried to tone it down.
I have been an entertainer for about 30 years,, so have been listening to many styles of music so its hard to put a finger on the artists.
I love Dean Martin, Louis Armstrong, Sinatra and Garth Brooks and some of Elvis stuff... mostly ballads.
Michael Bubble is also admired.

Edited by garybrun

56 minutes ago, garybrun said:

The difficult thing for me here (not being big headed) but I sing a little like Elvis..  but that is my natural voice.

My mind immediately goes to Elvis.  I don't think it's because of your previous Elvis song posting, but maybe I'm getting some implicit bias from that.  But for me, it's mostly your vibrato.  It has a very "Elvis" feel to it.  Not a bad thing at all.  Your tone leans his way as well, but that's quite alright.

In any case, I still think the vocal performance is great.  I'd actually like to hear something from you that's a bit more rockin'.  You're on a country kick lately...maybe do a Garth tune or something by Brooks & Dunn?

• Great Idea 1