Jump to content
Wookiee

Something different, content possibly lethal to none Wookiee life forms

Recommended Posts

A little while ago someone on this forum commented that all my music was the same and that I never sing, this should set that record straight.

As the longer term member here know Wookiee signing is dangerous, it not lethal, to none Wookiee life forms, which explains that in the main.

However in this tune, created in CbB, there is a Wookiee vocal that could be fatal to some.  I thank those who are brave enough to risk their lives if not their hearing.

https://www.bandlab.com/post/2ea86cbd-4230-ed11-b494-000d3a3ee5f3

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
It Slips away
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Less and Less each day
Less and Less each day

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
More Slips away
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Smaller and Smaller still
Smaller and Smaller still

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Slip Slipping away
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Gone for evermore
Gone for evermore

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Steeper the slide becomes
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Slipping away from here
Slipping away from here

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
She Slips away
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
She has Gone away
She has Gone away

Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Her mind has Slipped away
Drip, drip, drip,
Bit by Bit
Her mind has gone away
Her mind has gone away
Her mind has Slips away
Her mind has gone away

Toys Used.

Custom Les Paul, made by these very Paws, through a VOX VT 30 and Sure SM57 off Axis by about 25% Clarett USB 8 Pre.
An Ash bodied Strat with Seymour Duncan Pups in to Clarett USB 8 Pre, An Audiority L12X Amp sim and their Echoes T7E
Arturia Stage 73 V2.
Cherry Audio's Elka - X and Quadra.
Superior Drummer 3 Avatar.

Vocals captured through Audio Technica AT4033a Clarett USB 8 Pre. with the Cakewalk Vocal Strip in the FX bin and the CakewalkCA-2A in the PC.

All other FX are Cakewalk stock Pro Channel Plugins.

Thanks for listening, I hope you survive the experience and thanks for trying.  Special thanks to T for his pre release mix suggestions.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I'm still alive, so not lethal!!

This is really cool - loved the intro

Guitar sounds good, liked the guitar at about 4.20

Vocals are good and suit the track

good stuff

Nigel

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Well I'm still alive, so not lethal!!

This is really cool - loved the intro

Guitar sounds good, liked the guitar at about 4.20

Vocals are good and suit the track

good stuff

Nigel

 

Thanks Nigel appreciated, good to know that no damage was incurred 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I agree this is terrific, I love to hear different tracks from the mainstream bandlab hip hop/rap. Your track has a 60's vibe going on.

Great to hear others on planet Earth can still come up with good original music.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the humour in your post, Wookiee 😁

Great song and choice of instrumentation; the arrangement also allows each instrument to come through cleanly.

 

I enjoyed that one - well done!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, ℜ𝔦𝔣𝔣 ℜ𝔦𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔰 -·=»‡ said:

Yeah I agree this is terrific, I love to hear different tracks from the mainstream bandlab hip hop/rap. Your track has a 60's vibe going on.

Great to hear others on planet Earth can still come up with good original music.

Thank you sir.

 

18 hours ago, Dream Art Scientists said:

Very cool sounds and vibe. Cool lead guitar! Nice job!

Thank you also sir.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2022 at 8:47 PM, antler said:

Love the humour in your post, Wookiee 😁

Great song and choice of instrumentation; the arrangement also allows each instrument to come through cleanly.

 

I enjoyed that one - well done!

Thanks, the humour is there to hide the sadness behind the truth of the lyrics. 

I do appreciate your kind words and time 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened.  I survived and hearing is unimpaired, best I can tell.  Wookies should sing more often.  Turns out their vocals are rather engaging.

I was intrigued (and impressed) by this :

Quote

Custom Les Paul, made by these very Paws,

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I listened and incurred only minor injuries.
Very effective delay on the voc.
I didn't realize what the song was about until I read the lyrics near the end. Wow, well done!
-Bjorn

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2022 at 9:27 PM, Old Joad said:

Great tune, the delay sound awesome🤘

Thank you Joad, you are most kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2022 at 4:30 AM, jwnicholson78 said:

I listened.  I survived and hearing is unimpaired, best I can tell.  Wookies should sing more often.  Turns out their vocals are rather engaging.

I was intrigued (and impressed) by this :

 

Thanks nice to know you survived 🙂

The LP around 1981/2 I built it, yes I cheated it was a bare bones kit, so all had to was put it ogether and finished it. This did require many hours of sanding. The kit was only the wood cut to the basic shape but unfinished. I fitted D'marzio PUP'S, all the other furniture is solid brass. It's incredibly heavy as it's a solid mahogany body and neck, maple top, box wood trim and rose wood finger board .

Hand wired with coil splitting switches. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wookiee,

Good track, I thought the vocals worked perfectly.     I don't think I've ever heard a better description of time (and life) moving forward regardless of our best efforts to stop it or slow it down.   Great job.

Regards

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤔 Well now, still alive and limping this was an utterly refreshing listen, I do believe you have quite a loverly singing voice, Wookie. 👍👍

Much better than my own, I pretty much cringe hearing my own voice.  But hey, just like making sure the trash makes it to the curb once a week, it can be a cringe-worthy job and all too often I have a hard time trying to get someone else to do it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2022 at 6:39 AM, bjornpdx said:

I listened and incurred only minor injuries.
Very effective delay on the voc.
I didn't realize what the song was about until I read the lyrics near the end. Wow, well done!
-Bjorn

Good to hear the injuries were only minor, no mention though of the long term effects :D 

Thanks for reading the lyric's, I suspect not all have grasped what they are about, I really appreciate your taking the time to listen to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2022 at 4:09 PM, markno999 said:

Wookiee,

Good track, I thought the vocals worked perfectly.     I don't think I've ever heard a better description of time (and life) moving forward regardless of our best efforts to stop it or slow it down.   Great job.

Regards

Thank you Mark, true nothing we can do to stay the march of time, though this has a second probably not so obvious story of loss of something we all need but some lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2022 at 11:47 PM, Steev said:

🤔 Well now, still alive and limping this was an utterly refreshing listen, I do believe you have quite a loverly singing voice, Wookie. 👍👍

Much better than my own, I pretty much cringe hearing my own voice.  But hey, just like making sure the trash makes it to the curb once a week, it can be a cringe-worthy job and all too often I have a hard time trying to get someone else to do it.

I suspect very few people like hearing their own voice. I am glad to hear you escaped with just a limp, with some good music therapy I am sure you will make a full recovery. 

Thank you for listening and commenting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...