Hard Love

RexRed

Nice song with some really nice vocal performances going on. You gotta sound, for sure.

The mix sounds a smidge bright to me, but I don't trust my ears very much these days. That said, generally I'm less sensitive to high frequencies, so I'd be interested in hearing other folks' opinions on that as a reference check.

Not crazy about the distorted guitars at the intro and in the solo, love to hear that as a nylon stringed acoustic or some such thing.  Artist's choice, though so it gets a pass.

Great stuff!

Great country feel, with your great country vocal chops. Honestly there isn't much separating your tunes from the Nashville sound. Give this one to Porter Waggoner or such. Toby Keith even.

But your vocal totally works.

Mix-wise, it's pretty loud from the get-go. First thing, I turned the volume down. 

Distorted? Guitars? Violins? I dunno, you could back those out and go for traditional piano or something. Are you in love with that distorted lead? Does it fit the song? Just wondering.

Cool job, bro, I like your stuff.

-Tom

I agree with the other comments about that distorted whatever sound, but not such a big deal to me. Your songs always sound so good because of that great country voice of yours. I guess the only suggestion I have is to tweak the chorus a bit and give it more of a hook and make it stand out more.