Jump to content
garybrun

Cant' help Falling In Love Cover

Recommended Posts

Great job Gary!! Vocals sounded really good. I like ol Elvis. And you did it justice. Better than some of them impersonators I have seen at the Casino's!

In the beginning, the music is not quite up front enough I think.  : )

Just the right amount and kind of reverb to make it authentic!!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is where the Wookiee offends peeps, I prefer your version to his @garybrun

Sorry never could get him, as was once said about him in a revealing documentary, he was in the right place at the right time and also quite compliant to his managements requirements.  Sad he died the way he did.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job - your vocal is close to the real deal. What fx did you use on the lead vocal?

Thanks for listening Douglas.

Duplicate main vocal.
Used Slate Digital Reverb on track one
On second track add stereo delay 9ms Left Channel  15ms Right Channel and then blend in with first vocal.  (just two repeats)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wookiee said:

This is where the Wookiee offends peeps, I prefer your version to his @garybrun

Sorry never could get him, as was once said about him in a revealing documentary, he was in the right place at the right time and also quite compliant to his managements requirements.  Sad he died the way he did.

You're not alone Wookie - add me to the 'not a fan of Elvis' club (good to know there are at least two of us) 🙂 

This cover however - like Gary's other stuff - is really very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds to me like you're trying too hard to sound like Elvis.  Gary Brun's voice would sound more interesting to me here.

🙂John B

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That bass is in there!  Holy cow.  Huge bottom end.  I'm a bit different than some of the other posters...I happen to dig Elvis.  He influenced so many people with his style.  I know it is the thing of that time, but too much verb for my taste.  I'd actually like to hear a more modern take on this song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its quite hard not to sound like Elvis as these are the only memories I have of the song... so it does influence your vocal style even when you dont want it too.
Ill try and do another version...   but to be honest I am sure it will creep back in.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Sounds to me like you're trying too hard to sound like Elvis.  Gary Brun's voice would sound more interesting to me here.

🙂John B

Nuff said ... for me you ( as you )    ... now that's the ticket, sorry mate 🤔

Steve

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SPAK said:

Nuff said ... for me you ( as you )    ... now that's the ticket, sorry mate 🤔

Steve

Thanks Steve..
Ill give it a try..
When I'm out doing gigs people want me to try and sound like Elvis.

Edited by garybrun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good, I'm listening through my good speakers and it's a nice wide mix, the Elvis thing aside it's obvious you have a great voice.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Joad said:

Sounds good, I'm listening through my good speakers and it's a nice wide mix, the Elvis thing aside it's obvious you have a great voice.

Thanks so much Joad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...