The Dance

garybrun

Great voice Gary. Really liked this song. Nice guitar playing. Drums falling right in with the song. So I am thinking someone played them. If not, great programing!!

I am thinking that's a wrap.

But if I were to change anything, I would back off the reverb on your vocals. Have them more up front. You sound just as good as Garth!! Show off them pipes!

Nice vocal again Gary, reverb didn't trouble me but it's a very personal thing - I also tend to use too much so we must have similar ears. A twelve-string would really fill that guitar track (I know, almost impossible to fake a 12-string sound if you don't have the real thing handy). I was wondering at one point whether it could use some strings but sometimes less is more and often the best approach is to strip it back.

Nice job, very enjoyable listen.

Andy

HI guys.
Thanks for the comments.
I personally went with a reverb on this one as I thought it had that...  dont know ...  night/space type feel.
My son has told me I am dated in 90's as I use a lot of plate.
I backed off on the Your Man song though.

So there is no misunderstanding... these last two songs I have have not programmed.  (Im not that clever) 🙂
They are midi based backing tracks...  I am trying out new vocal styles for a new band I have joined.
These are so the band can learn the songs and match my key
I do have an Ovation 12 string.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, garybrun said:

I do have an Ovation 12 string.

There you go then 😉

Understood about the backing tracks (they're good by the way). I'm a big fan and user of pre-canned stuff from EzKeys so you won't get any crits from me on that score. 😁

I redone the main vocal today and backed off on the reverb as suggested.

Its very hard for me working on my own vocals as I don't hear when it drops tone when Im working on the project
Also singing with feeling to me seems to knock me out of tune... or is it just me??

Gary, I definitely hear that there is less reverb. I think you could add some more. Or maybe add some side chain to the reverb so when the vocal gets strong it lowers the rev, but it's still there at the ending of the phase.

On 7/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, garybrun said:

Also singing with feeling to me seems to knock me out of tune... or is it just me??

There were just a couple of minor spots where I noticed it. But had you not said anything, I probably would not have noticed!! It sounds like a good take to me. Give it one more shot and see which you like better then post back again. 

I think your vocal suits this genre and full marks on the mix, I can't help feeling a bit short changed when you use canned midi, probably because your an old muso and I like the bumps & warts of a homemade song  that's posted here and then helped to fruition ...mind you mate I use Komplete Sunburst for a lot of ideas and backing so I'm not getting up ...really 😉

Godda say I'm enjoying the 'new' stuff a lot.

All the best 

Steve