XLN Online Installer, AD, and AK Updated

cclarry

1 hour ago, antler said:

The would break the VST3 spec of necessarily being installed exactly in that particular location and nowhere else.

It does not violate the recommended VST3 plug-in paths.  The spec does not require plug-ins be in the root of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" or the recently added "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Common\VST3".

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, locrian said:

I've been moving the .vst3 files to a company-specific folder for years without issue, except for SpectraLayers and, now, XLN:

Been doing the same when I have more than a few plug-ins from a manufacturer.

Reorganizing plug-in folders makes the more simplistic plug-in menus used by some hosts much easier to work with.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scook said:

It does not violate the recommended VST3 plug-in paths.  The spec does not require plug-ins to be in the root of "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3" or the recently added "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\Common\VST3".

My mistake; I thought the intention was to move it to a completely different folder, e.g. on a different drive with more space.

16 minutes ago, antler said:

My mistake; I thought the intention was to move it to a completely different folder, e.g. on a different drive with more space.

You can do that too (with some plugins).  For example, I moved all my Acustica plugins to an SSD in a external drive enclosure (that's the "VST3-Mobius" link in my screenshot above).