Just like my first guitar hero

Rain

I see very little daylight and the room where I keep my guitars is very dark. But sometimes on my days off, I wake up earlier before sunset, grab a guitar and head downstairs, and play a bit while I enjoy my cup of tea.

Today, I picked my beloved 2014 Les Paul Studio - the fair maiden whom the angels call The Angry B!tch. 

It was a shock to see her in the daylight again. Then I ran upstairs and grabbed the Epiphone LP Junior, my old travel guitar, to compare them. That one has NOT been kept in a smoke free environment (for the first few years), and not really taken care of all that much. It's also 4 years older. Just a cheaper, different type of finish.

IMG_6238.thumb.JPG.6872c4f650fe0f3eb9f00d6b921a3431.JPG

I was a huge fan of Randy Rhoads (still am) and back in the days, I always assumed that his main Les Paul was yellow-ish. I used to wonder why it was referred to as white. Now I know firsthand.

Edited by Rain

Yep!  I bet my lungs look like I was a pack-a-day smoker even though I've never smoked (played darts in smoky bars for decades and saw lots of live bands in same).

Here's Walter Trout's Artic White Strat that I took a picture of when it needed a string change!

walters73strat2.jpg

• Like 1

I used to smoke practically two packs a day. I can't even begin to think how non smokers put up and befriended people like me. At one point I sold a guitar to a friend and his girlfriend would not let him keep it in their room. Back then I thought she was being overly dramatic. Same when the people in the apartment upstairs complained about the smell. 

Now I know better. 

That being said, I guess our noses may not have been as sensitive back then, since it was everywhere - not just smoke but olfactive aggressions of every kind.

Edited by Rain