BFD = CFA

kitekrazy

19 hours ago, Grem said:

Not the exact workaround I was hoping for!! LOL!

If you paid $49 for it and didn't get any expansion I say delete it.   Use and dealing with flakey authorization seems to outweigh price when it comes to disk space.  Do I really need a bloated drum kit when there is Komplete, EZD, AD2, IK, to fill my needs.   I have Melda MDrummer which I should investigate more.  

BTW nothing from support yet.

Google Error #403002 for BFD and it's a shitload of links.

Edited by Paul Young

After I read this yesterday I decided to go over to inMusic BFD forum and ask how I could get the use of my BFD 2 back and my Ziljian cymbals. 

It was a rather terse "wake up" type of post I don't usually post. I wanted them to know they are loosing customers and I told them in no uncertain terms how frustrated I was. They can either light up a smoke and Pfffffffft me to hell or take my post seriously. The other alternative would be to ignore me completely. The jury is still out as I haven't gone back to the forum yet to see what they responded with. HOW they respond is going to determine my future as a customer with them, and I hope after my post they are at least seriously aware of the damage they are doing to themselves and the benefit this is to their competition.

I also decided to mess about with BFD 3 as stand alone to see if I could get the files to finally connect. As luck would have it I finally managed to get it to load kits and play. While not very intuitive, there is a way to add other file locations and delete older ones.

I haven't tried it as a plugin yet in a DAW after my adjustments to it. If it works I would be happy to once again be able to use it.

When a company takes over another developers product it rarely turns out well.

Magix did get some of the Sony developers back but it seems there is no gotta have with updates to former Sony products.  At least you can authorize.

Izotope can be installed on many machines but those Expo verbs are tied to iLok.

When Garritan bought the tech for Gigastudio there was high hope but too much code involved seems like a waste of investment.

You never see when a product is taken over the authorization is changed.  If it does it's often worse like requiring iLok.

What's nice is Bandlab is free and they improve upon it.

I guess a lesson learn is when software is acquired, stop using it and move on to something else.

5 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Support fixed it.

Ahh ……”support”. I have found  that every time I contact their generic “support” the response is either non-helpful or non-existent. When contacting  Drew through their forum,  results have been better. Still struggling though at this end. I would not assume your protestations about them losing customers will have any effect. Their forums have been littered with extremely dissatisfied customers for months now, to little avail.

I received a response to contact Drew.

So I guess I contact Drew using a PM on their forum. 

Interesting. The licensing issue I had with another product recently ( not inMusic) was settled through a forum PM as well.

@Paul Young

I am glad you were able to get things sorted. It really is a great program when it works.

In fairness, I’d like to amend my earlier comments about BFD3. I spent the last few days trying to get the latest InMusic version of BFD3 to work properly. It took some time, but following  a clean install, some detailed instructions from BFD Drew as to what needed to be deleted  , a few hiccups, and a new beta version of the installer……it’s all working. My fingers are still crossed but I am, for the first time, optimistic that I’ll be able to reliably use these great sounds again.

Edited by LAGinz
  • Like 2